Lithium Titanate Battery Price In India 2022: Working, Uses, Pros & Cons
The lithium titanate battery was developed in 2008 using nano-technology. These are rechargeable and charge faster than lithium-ion batteries.
These types of lithium batteries can store high energy and offer high-performance cells. Additionally, they emit ten times higher discharge current than lithium-ion batteries; hence are considered a game-changer in the lithium battery industry.
A lithium titanate battery has a sturdy base and an enhanced life span. It is manufactured using premium-grade materials. It works at a high working temperature and has exceptional electrochemical stability.
A lithium titanate battery is perfect for electrical power trains, UPS, solar-powered street lights, forklifts, and fast-charge stations.
How Does a Lithium Titanate Battery Work?
Similar to lithium-ion batteries, a lithium titanate battery has three components: anode, cathode, and electrode.
All three parts help pass electricity to the device. In its composition, the li-titanate oxide element changes the graphite present in the anode of the lithium titanate battery into a spinel structure.
Unlike other lithium batteries, the lithium titanate battery uses lithium-titanate nanocrystals. The benefit of including these nanocrystals is that they help the electron enter quickly and the anode to reach the cathode, resulting in fast recharge.
Each cell of the lithium titanate battery charges in 6 minutes under 3°C to 20°C temperature and does not overheat on a high power supply.
How is a Lithium Titanate Battery Made?
A Lithium titanate battery is made of titanium dioxide, lithium nitrate, lithium carbonate, lithium hydroxide, and lithium oxide.
These elements are heated at 670° C to produce a solid slurry. The composition is then placed on the foil and rolled up to make a solid electrode.
After the electrode solidifies, it is cut into small pieces with a sharp rectangular dye. The parts are then placed in an automated machine and cut into sheets wrapped in an insulating layer, forming an electrode stack.
This stack is inserted into a battery pouch and heat sealed to form a lithium titanate battery.
Why Do We Need A Lithium Titanate Battery?
Lithium-ion titanate batteries are highly energy-efficient and are made from advanced lithium technology.
Compared to lithium-ion batteries, it ensures safety as it does not respond to overcharging.
- It has the most extended service life. While standard lithium-ion batteries have a 1000-2000 life cycle, the lithium titanate battery has a cycle of 10,000 to 20,000.
- It’s the most advanced battery in the industry in terms of functionality, maintenance, and productivity.
- These lithium batteries undergo several tests and do not explode on overcharging, short circuit, over-discharge, impact, crush, or puncture.
Price Of a Lithium Titanate Battery
The lithium titanate battery is approximately Rs. 2800 per piece. It is costlier than the Li-ion battery price.
The total lithium-ion cell price is determined depending on the battery’s specifications, the technology used, design, manufacturing date, features, brand, manufacturing company, and the reviews. These factors decide a lithium battery’s rate in the market.
All lithium batteries falling in this range ensure high shelf life, endurance to extreme temperatures, and quick charging and discharging. The higher the lithium battery price, the better the characteristics of the battery will be.
Uses Of the Lithium Titanate Battery
The lithium titanium battery is effective in commercial and multiple healthcare applications. Its other applications are as follows:
- It is ideal for military and aerospace use.
- Like lithium-ion cell batteries, it offers high performance in transportation applications.
- It provides energy to the UPS batteries.
- It is perfect for high-cycle life applications.
- The lithium solar batteries effectively charge power stations.
- Due to its robust structure, it is helpful for in-car audio applications.
- The lithium-titanate battery is used in the electricity grid.
- Toys, electronics, handheld power tools, wireless headphones, small and large appliances, and electric vehicles are the other places where buyers can use these lithium batteries.
Advantages Of Using the Lithium Titanate Battery
These Lithium batteries are more versatile and efficient than most other lithium-ion batteries. The following are the various advantages of using a lithium titanium battery:
- It charges 30 times faster than the traditional models.
- It offers brilliant discharge performance.
- It has the best safety mechanism installed.
- The lithium cell batteries are compact and feasible to transport.
- It provides fast charging capability.
- It is a record-breaking tool that provides 98% above recharge efficiency.
- It stays unresponsive to overheating.
- It has energy-conserving qualities.
- Compared to a lithium-ion battery cell, the titanium battery cell offers good low-temperature performance.
- It provides synergy between wind, solar power, and grid and battery storage.
Disadvantages Of Using Lithium Titanate Battery
The manufacturers are consistently working toward improvising the lithium titanate batteries and making them better than the former versions.
Although they have resolved associated problems like increasing the lifecycle, they are yet to work on the rest. Some disadvantages of lithium titanate batteries are:
- They are expensive due to their advanced properties.
- They have an inherent low voltage.
- They release gas while cycling, resulting in the lithium-ion battery pack swelling.
- They show a flatulence problem.
- There is no standard measurement.
- Like a li-ion cell, the unit is difficult to construct and remove.
The lithium titanate battery or li-ion battery rechargeable cell is the future of the battery industry. Due to the advanced and exceptional features, these batteries are highly in demand.
Even though they are costly, their characteristics and utilities justify the rate. Apart from the elements, their brilliant design and lightweight configuration make them stand out.
Many people trust the modified li-ion rechargeable batteries or lithium titanate batteries for charging their electronic devices. They are expected to bring a change in the battery’s functionality.
1. Is a lithium titanate battery and lithium-ion battery the same?
No, the lithium titanate battery and lithium-ion battery are not the same. When the lithium combines with the nanocrystals, the lithium-titanate battery is formed.
2. How long does the lithium titanate battery take to recharge?
Unlike other lithium-ion batteries that take 2-3 hours to charge, lithium titanate batteries can charge completely within 15 minutes.
3. How can I check if the li-ion 18650 battery is working correctly?
Place the Li-ion 18650 battery on the voltmeter to check if it is working correctly. Post voltage puts the battery into the device. If the battery doesn’t operate or shows swelling, the battery is likely damaged, and you need to purchase a new one.