What is a 48V Solar Panel? Features, Application, Benefits, and More
Did you know that a 48V solar panel is considered highly valuable in the market? Yes, you heard us right!
This solar panel can be installed in commercial, residential, and industrial power plants and, thus, is known for its diverse applications.
Due to such multiple uses, most solar panel systems (almost 95%) have 48-volt solar panels installed.
The 48-volt solar panels are so diverse that they can actually be used to generate power for a small 1KW solar system to power a household as well as a 100 MW utility-scale power plant. Naturally, these panels are preferred by many users.
If you’re curious about a 48V solar panel, you’ve found an insightful post. We will familiarise you with the features, benefits, and applications of these panels.
Dive in for more details.
Product Details of a 48V Solar Panel
An important factor that makes the 48-volt solar panel worth investing in is that it can endure extreme environmental conditions. Besides, these panels are also unbreakable under strong winds.
Apart from that, a 48-volt solar panel additionally offers 25 years of reliable service.
Although it does deteriorate by up to 0.3% annually, it will still sustain for 25 years and work at a minimum of 70% to 80% efficiency even after hitting its silver jubilee.
Now that you’re familiar with the specifications, let’s talk about the characteristics of a 48V solar panel.
Features of a 48 Volt Solar Panel
Compared to a 24V solar panel, a 48V solar panel is highly cost-effective. This is because the man hours that go into its manufacturing are equal to what’s needed for the manufacture of a 24V solar panel.
Needless to say, since a 48V solar panel is much more efficient than a 24V solar panel, it’s quite cost-effective.
The following are other beneficial characteristics of a 48-volt solar panel.
- – You’ll find these solar panels in various designs.
- – The size of a 48V solar panel is a standard one.
- – As previously discussed, a 48-volt solar panel can generate optimum energy from sunlight in all types of environmental conditions. Whether it’s the Thar desert or the Himalayas, a 48V solar panel will work at its best efficiency.
Applications of a 48 Volt Solar Panel
Let’s now talk about the various uses of a 48-volt solar panel.
- – A 48V solar panel generates sufficient energy to run any household: big, small, bungalows, as well as villas. The size of the house won’t matter. Just the size of the solar system should be such that it covers all your power requirements.
- – The panels can also power up the devices in an office setting.
- – These solar panels work in both extremely hot and extremely cold atmospheric conditions.
No amount of weather variation can make a 48V solar panel dysfunctional.
Benefits of Using a 48 Volt Solar Panel
You might be wondering what advantages a 48-volt solar panel has. Well, a 48-volt solar panel has multiple benefits that make them a better choice than 24V solar panels. Let’s know them in detail.
- – They are always highly in demand in the market and are commercially used. Therefore, availability is never an issue with these panels.
- – They are more affordable than 24V solar panels.
- – These solar panels are highly flexible and come in standard sizes.
- – The 48-volt solar panel can charge a house, office, power plant, industry, and whatnot.
Pricing of a 48 Volt Solar Panel
We’ve been talking about how cheap 48-volt solar panels are, but you might be wondering what the exact price of this solar panel is. Well, the price depends on the type of solar panel.
If it is a polycrystalline 48V solar panel, the price is approximately Rs. 25.5 per watt. For monocrystalline and bifacial 48-volt solar panels, the cost is about Rs. 31 and Rs. 32 per watt, respectively.
Even if we keep the type factor aside, the cost of the 48-volt solar panel is still cheaper than a 24V solar panel. This is because its input manufacturing price is the same as that of 24V solar panels.
Differences between a 24V & a 48V Solar Panel
Let us now discuss the differentiating factors between 24V and 48V solar panels.
- – The 24V solar panel is not scalable, which means that it has voltage limitations. On the other hand, a 48-V solar panel is scalable.
- – While the 48V solar panel can be used everywhere globally, 24V solar panels can’t be used in all weather conditions for all purposes.
- – The 24V solar panels cannot be assembled and extended for as much as required to form a series. But a 48V solar panel can be assembled and put in a long sequence.
- – Unlike the 24V solar panels, the 48-volt solar panels can provide high voltage. They can also sustain high cyclonic wind speeds. Yes, they’re that robust!
Why choose SolarSquare?
We, at SolarSquare, offer prefabricated mounting structures.
Wondering what’s special about these structures? Well, here are the details:
- – They’re elevated from the ground so that you still have the rooftop to yourself after installing the solar system
- – The mounting structures are so strong that they won’t collapse even under high wind speeds up to 150 kmph.
- – They are built to last a lifetime since they can easily withstand extreme weather variations
- – They’re zinc-coated. So, forget about rusting
That being said, we offer many other attractive services just for our customers.
- – Our installation team is well-versed in using ultramodern equipment to ensure the safe and sound installation of the solar system
- – We offer a 0% six-month EMI scheme to our customers
- – We offer a quick, 10-minute loan approval
- – We offer a 5-year AMC contract. Your solar system is our responsibility
- – We use special equipment and brushes to clean any dirt, debris, or bird droppings from the surface of the panels
Register with us to find out more about our offerings.
Undoubtedly, a 48V solar panel is worth purchasing due to the range of benefits it provides.
Since these solar panels are all-rounders, you can buy them to serve all your requirements.
Also, since they are affordable, you can purchase them without burning a hole in your pocket.
You can shift to solar power consumption with these solar panels and use them per your needs.
Q. Which is the cheapest 48-volt solar panel variant in the market?
The cheapest 48-volt solar panel variant on the market is the polycrystalline one. A 48V poly panel will cost approximately Rs. 25.5/watt.
Q. Can I install a 48-volt solar panel for my household needs?
Yes, a 48-volt solar panel is a good investment choice for powering household devices. Besides, it is also effective for commercial and industrial use.
Q. What is the shelf life of a 48V solar panel?
The life of a 48V solar panel is 25 years. Even after 25 years, it will run at a minimum of 70% to 80% efficiency.