Go Solar with India's leading rooftop developer
SolarSquare has an
impeccable track record
With 60MWp+ portfolio across India
Go Solar with Zero
hassles for 25 years
We offer best in class after-sales service and support
Why Solar Square Energy ?
We promise to make solar a hassle-free purchase, so that you enjoy its benefits for 25 years
Among India's top 10 Rooftop Solar Developers
with presence across 16 states and 60MWp+ of portfolio
Hassle Free Project Execution
From design to procurement to installation & govt. approvals
Easy Financing Solutions
We offer PPA and EMI financing solutions
Only Solar company in India with UL Certification
UL is the world's toughest industry standard on plant quality and safety
Submit a Solar Project Enquiry
We will contact you for further discussion.
Solarsquare Energy's Journey In Numbers
What our clients say about us
Johnson & Johnson
"I am happy to acknowledge that Solar Square has met the strictest Quality & Safety norms dictated by the Global Standards of Johnson & Johnson."
EHS & S
TVS & Sons
"The solar installation by Solar Square is one of those rare projects, where I have not had to get involved during the execution phase."
LNJ Bhilwara Group
"Solar team was very professional and had excellent interpersonal relations. Asbestos to GI roof sheet replacement and 2MW Solar Project was completed within 3 months time without escalations. During project execution, even a single drop of rain would have ruined our operations. No doubt it was a good job done."
C K Tharad
"SolarSquare has executed a 525 KVA solar power project for our hospital. It helped us to go green and reduce 50% of our electricity expenditure. They have good expertise in the field of solar energy and their technical teams executed the project very well within the timelines. We thank SolarSquare for their support"
Chief Operating Officer
Commercial Rooftop Systems in India: Commercial Solar Panel Installation
99 times out of 100, commercial rooftops remain unutilized. Installing solar panels is the best way to put to use this space.
Installing a solar system on commercial rooftops means you won't have to pay rates as high as â‚¹12, â‚¹14, or â‚¹16/unit any longer since solar energy is free after the successful installation of solar panels! It can reduce your electricity bills by more than 70%.
SolarSquare is one of the leading commercial solar installers in the country. Our mission is to make solar adoption easier and reduce electricity costs for our customers.
Whether your rooftop is an RCC terrace or a metallic sheet roof, we install different types of commercial rooftop solar systems that'll be apt for your roof.
Even if the rooftop space is limited, we offer both commercial rooftop solar systems with net-metering and captive power plants without net-metering to take care of all your energy requirements (even if those requirements are very high).
Installation requirements for commercial rooftops
At SolarSquare, we take care of all the commercial rooftop solar panel installation requirements right from the evaluation stage to installation.
A successful installation of solar systems on commercial rooftops has the following mandatory requirements -
- Roof inspection for strength – A commercial rooftop solar system easily imparts 15 kg/square meter of load on the roof. We ensure your roof is strong enough to not collapse under such a degree of load.
- Type of roof – If you have an RCC roof and would like to continue to utilize the area for other purposes, you require elevated hot-dip galvanized steel mounting structures. If you have a metallic sheet roof, you require aluminum rail structures that are light, sturdy, and corrosion-resistant.
- Slope, direction, and mounting angle – Solar panels provide the best generation when the roof slope faces Southwards. The spot for the installation of commercial solar panels should ideally stay shadow-free between 9 AM to 4 PM. The ideal tilt angle for solar panel installation on commercial rooftops in South India is 10°. The ideal tilt angle increases as you move towards North India, and should be above 20°.
- Easy access to the rooftop – There should be safe, direct access to the commercial rooftops so that installers can carry all the raw materials for solar panel installation safely. Post the installation, regular fortnightly maintenance also requires a safe passage.
How does the commercial rooftop system work?
A commercial solar system is a careful setup of many components. Each component plays a significant part in the conversion of solar energy into electricity in order to power commercial/industrial buildings.
- An array of solar panels is installed on commercial rooftops at the most accurate angles.
- The PV cells in the solar panels absorb sunlight and convert it into DC current.
- The direct current (DC) is fed into the solar inverter and converted into alternating current (AC).
Finally, the supplied current powers up the commercial building in the following two ways -
- With net metering: The AC power is fed into a bi-directional net meter.
- Without net metering: The AC power generated is consumed within the building. It doesn’t require a bi-directional meter.
#1. Functioning of a commercial rooftop system with net metering:
A bi-directional net meter is required in this case.
- Solar power generation is at its maximum capacity during the daytime from 11 AM to 2 PM. Once supplied to the meter, the excess power is exported to the DISCOM. The exported units as measured by the net meter are subtracted from your electricity bill.
- During the evening and the subsequent hours, power is imported and used to keep the commercial building running even after the Sun has gone down.
#2. Functioning of solar systems without net metering (Captive Consumption) on commercial rooftops
A 1 kW commercial rooftop solar system that will always require 100 sq feet of area for installation can generate 4 units daily, i.e, 120 units/month. The power consumption of a commercial building is much higher – probably, hundreds and thousands of units are required each month.
Naturally, if the rooftop area is limited, the power generated will never exceed the consumption. The electricity generated in such cases will always be consumed within the building. No bi-directional meter is needed in such cases since there'll be no extra power left to be exported to the DISCOM. This is also known as behind-the-meter solar.
Benefits of Installing Solar Panels on Commercial Rooftops
Here are some interesting benefits of installing commercial solar systems with SolarSquare, one of India’s leading commercial solar installers, at your discretion!
#1. You can save lakhs and crores of rupees every year
Solar energy doesn't cost a penny. Yes, there's an upfront installation cost. But, you still save huge chunks of money in the following ways -
- There'll be a significant reduction in your electricity bill. That’s because most of your power needs will be met by solar energy from solar systems installed on the commercial rooftops.
- If you install solar under the OPEX model, you'll have to pay no more than 4 to 6 rupees/unit for the electricity generated from solar compared to 12 to 14 rupees/unit that you pay to the DISCOM.
- You can save money in the form of income tax benefits by claiming accelerated depreciation of 40% per year on the cost of your commercial solar system.
#2. You finally get to achieve the goal of reducing your carbon footprint
Going solar means the least emission of greenhouse houses. Thereby, you're playing a significant part in:
- Reducing global warming.
- Protecting the planet.
- Reducing air pollution.
- Reducing the threat of dangerous respiratory and lung diseases.
#3. Satisfying the RPO obligations
Installing solar panels on commercial rooftops will also help you meet and satisfy your RPO obligations (Renewable Purchase Obligation).
Certifications and Achievements
With the pathbreaking figure of hitting Rs. 30 lakhs worth of solar installations daily, SolarSqaure has become one of the most trusted commercial solar installers in India.
We are the third-largest EPC contractor as per JMK research and analytics report, 2021. We have also earned the rare honour of being India’s only UL-certified solar company.
1. How efficient are commercial solar panels?
Solar commercial panels are extremely efficient. When arranged in an array, they can power up an entire commercial building single-handedly.
The number of panels you'll need for your commercial building will depend upon your daily electricity consumption. A solar installation expert will be able to give you the best idea about the number of panels that'll be needed.
2. What is the subsidy for commercial solar panels?
None. The government offers a subsidy only for residential solar installations.
3. Why should my company invest in commercial solar?
There are many benefits of investing in a commercial solar system. Have a look:
- You'll have to pay no more than 4 to 6 rupees/unit. It's way less when compared to 12 to 14 rupees/unit that you pay to the DISCOM otherwise.
- You can claim accelerated depreciation of 40% (instead of 5%) per year against the cost of your commercial solar system.
- You're playing a crucial role in reducing global warming.