It’s just a myth that installing a solar system requires a bone-breaking investment. Yes, the cost is marginally higher, but the long-term monetary benefits of installing a rooftop solar system cannot be overlooked.
Also, there’s a solar panel subsidy in Chhattisgarh to make things even more economical for the rank and file.
The solar energy subsidy in Chhattisgarh is the government’s way of promoting solar power.
Hooked already? Want to learn more details about how to apply for a solar panel subsidy in Chhattisgarh, the price of solar panels, and more? If so, this post will be a delightful read! Dive in!
Benefits of Installing Solar Panels in Chhattisgarh
We know you’re eager to learn about the solar energy subsidy in Chhattisgarh, but let’s first understand why installing solar panels in Chhattisgarh is important in the first place.
Installing solar panels in Chhattisgarh is quite beneficial for cost savings. When you install the system, you can draw free energy from the sun’s rays and use it to power up your appliances.
This way the usage of fossil-based, polluting electricity goes down, and the electricity bill cost reduces.
Another benefit is that solar panels do not emit carbon dioxide. So, when you install solar systems in Chhattisgarh, you are basically opting for an eco-friendly method to run your household.
So we can say that installing solar panels in Chhattisgarh is good for both you and society!
Price List of Solar Panels in Chhattisgarh
Wondering why learning about the prices is important when talking about the solar panel subsidy in Chhattisgarh?
Well, that’s because the solar system subsidy in Chhattisgarh is provided on the L1 rates. And the final installment cost is determined by subtracting the subsidy from the cost of solar systems (that’s not the same as L1 prices).
That being said, let’s answer the most commonly asked question: what is the price of solar panels in Chhattisgarh?
Well, there is no fixed price for solar panels in Chhattisgarh. Price differs depending on the module type, the manufacturer, and the technologies used for making the solar panels.
Generally speaking, here’s a price range:
- – For 1KW, the price ranges between Rs. 45,000 to Rs. 70,000.
- – For 2KW, the price ranges between Rs. 90,000 to Rs.1,40,000.
- – For 3KW, the price ranges between Rs. 1,35,000 to Rs. 2,10,000.
- – For 4KW, the price ranges between Rs. 1,80,000 to Rs. 2,80,000.
- – For 5KW, the price ranges between Rs. 2,25,000 to Rs. 3,50,000.
L1 prices: What is the solar panel subsidy in Chhattisgarh offered on L1 rates?
As discussed earlier, the Government offers a solar panel subsidy in Chhattisgarh to ease the system’s total cost. But this assistance is offered against the discovered rate of the solar system (L1 prices).
But what is the meaning of L1 prices?
Many empanelled solar vendors place their bids to earn maximum solar allocation rights during the state’s subsidy tender. Naturally, only that vendor that quotes the minimum price wins the maximum allocation rights.
That minimum price becomes the L1 price against which the government offers a solar panel subsidy in Chhattisgarh.
- – A solar system subsidy in Chhattisgarh is 40% on the L1 prices for 1 KW to 3 solar systems.
- – A solar system subsidy in Chhattisgarh is 20% on L1 prices for systems above 3 KW and up to 10 KW.
Here’s a more thorough explanation:
The L1 prices against which a subsidy on a solar power plant in Chhattisgarh can be claimed are as follows.
- – The L1 price for 1KW to 3KW solar systems is Rs. 42,000.
- – For solar systems more than 3KW and up to 10KW, the L1 price is Rs. 40,500.
Note that –
1) The above-stated prices are exclusive of GST.
2) The price stated is for each KW.
Based on the above information, the KW-wise subsidy on solar power plant in Chhattisgarh without GST is as follows:
- – For 1 KW = Rs. 16,800
- – For 2 KW = Rs. 33,600
- – For 3 KW = Rs. 50,400
- – For 4 KW = Rs. 56,700
- – For 5 KW = Rs. 64,800
Now that you know the KW-wise solar panel subsidy in Chhattisgarh, you can calculate the solar panel price with a subsidy in Chattisgarh.
Here is a quick example!
Suppose you buy a 4 KW solar system at Rs. 1,80,000. The solar panel subsidy in Chhattisgarh for a 4 KW system is Rs. 56,700.
Subtract the solar system price from the grant, and you will get Rs. 1,23,300. This is the solar panel price of a 4 KW system with a solar panel subsidy in Chhattisgarh.
How to Apply for Solar System Subsidy in Chhattisgarh?
Now let’s discuss how you can apply for the solar panel subsidy in Chhattisgarh. The following are the nine steps you need to follow for a successful application.
- Go to the CSPDCL website.
- There, pick SolarSquare from the list of empanelled vendors.
- Share the details of the application with SolarSquare Energy (SSE).
- Now, wait for an officer from CSPDCL to visit your home and check the installation area.
- After the approval from the discom, the SSE team will then begin with the installation.
- You need to pay the amount (after subtracting the subsidy) to SSE in full.
- Post this process, the installation of the solar system and the net metre commissioning will begin.
- Once the net meter is commissioned, your system will finally begin to function.
- The Chhattisgarh State Power Distribution Company Limited (CSPDCL) will disburse the subsidy to SolarSquare.
Benefits of Solar Panel Subsidy in Chhattisgarh
If you’re wondering about the advantages of solar panel subsidy in Chhattisgarh, the primary benefit is that it cuts down the total installation cost of the solar system.
It is important to remember that the Government only provides solar subsidies to housing societies and homeowners. It does not offer grants to the installations for commercial purposes.
How to Apply for Net Metre in Chhattisgarh?
Here’s a simplified step-by-step guide you need to follow for the net metre application.
- – You need to go to the CSPDCL portal and register with your BP number.
- – Then, you need to create login credentials.
- – You need to submit your latest electricity bill and other documents in the application form.
- – Then, the system will send a sanction letter.
- – After that, you must sign the net metering agreement and upload it to the portal.
- – Then, the installation will begin.
- – Once done, you need to verify and submit the work completion report.
- – After that, you need to intimate the solar panel system’s readiness to CREDA and DISCOM officials for inspection of the plant.
- – The officials will visit the installation site and inspect the system.
- – Once done, the net meter will become functional and your system will start generating free electricity from solar.
- – The subsidy will then be credited to SSE directly.
Now, you know everything about the solar panel subsidy in Chhattisgarh.
Since the monetary advantages are substantial and sooner or later everybody will have to switch to solar, you must do it now because the subsidy will certainly not last forever. Why not use it while you still have a chance to?
Q. How much subsidy is provided by the Indian Government for installing 1 to 3KW solar systems?
The Indian Government provides a 40% subsidy on L1 prices for 1 to 3KW solar systems.
Q. What is the importance of solar panel subsidy in Chhattisgarh?
The Government provides solar panel subsidy in Chhattisgarh to make the cost of solar systems a lot more affordable to the citizens, and to popularize the use of solar amongst the masses.
Q. What is the exact solar panel installation price?
There is no absolute solar panel installation price.
The price varies based on different factors, such as the brand, the type of module, the efficiency of the module, the capacity of the solar system, and any value-added service you might purchase.