The shooting prices of fossil fuels are resulting in high electricity bills. To cut your financial expenses, it is necessary to look at alternatives for generating sustainable energy.
If you are a resident of Uttar Pradesh, installing a solar system can be the most fruitful decision for you.
The geographical location of this place provides access to a good amount of solar radiation throughout the year. In addition, the government here provides attractive subsidies to make things a lot more affordable.
If you are curious about knowing the solar panel price in Uttar Pradesh, you have clicked the right link.
Continue reading to learn everything about solar panel subsidy in UP and the Solar panel price, Uttar Pradesh.
Brief Overview of Solar Panel Price Uttar Pradesh
There are certain empanelled solar vendors in UP. The state government invites them to place their bid to earn maximum allocation rights for solar installation.
The vendor who quotes the minimum price for the solar system wins the bid. Moreover, this price is known as the discovered price for the state, and it is denoted as L1.
The Solar panel price, Uttar Pradesh is not fixed at a single amount. However, the price generally falls under a range of ₹ 45,000 to ₹ 70,000 for every KW. Here’s a reference:
- – 1 kW: ₹ 45,000 to ₹ 70,000
- – 2 KW: ₹ 90,000 to ₹ 1,40,000
- – 3 KW: ₹ 1,35,000 to ₹ 2,10,000
- – 4 KW: ₹ 1,80,000 to ₹ 2,80,000
- – 5 KW: ₹ 2,25,000 to ₹ 3,50,000
L1 Solar panel price Uttar Pradesh: A brief overview
You must be wondering about the reason for the variation in solar panel price, Uttar Pradesh. The following points will provide the answer to your question:
- – The variation in the type of solar modules
- – The variation in the efficiency of solar panels
- – The technology used to make the solar module
- – The solar vendor you choose and the value-added services you pick
Keep in mind that even the type of inverter you choose affects the final solar panel price in Uttar Pradesh.
You know the price range of a solar system, but you should also know that the subsidy will be provided against L1 prices only. Hence, it’s equally important to know what the discovered rate in your state is.
Here’s a reference of the current L1 solar panel price in Uttar Pradesh, 2022 (L1 prices too change).
L1 solar panel price Uttar Pradesh in 2022:
|Solar system’s capacity||L1 Solar panel price, Uttar Pradesh|
|1 KW to 3 KW||₹37,000/KW|
|Greater than 3 KW and up to 10 KW||₹33,000/KW|
UP solar panel subsidy against L1 rates
The slightly higher cost of solar systems restricts some people from installing them to meet their domestic power requirements.
The subsidy on solar panel in UP is the state government’s initiative to provide financial assistance for installing DCR (made in India) solar panels.
The details of the UP solar panel subsidy are listed below:
|Capacity||Subsidy per KW||Total subsidy amount without GST|
|1 KW||40% of ₹37,000||₹ 14,800|
|2 KW||40% of ₹(37,000 x 2)||₹ 29,600|
|3 KW||40% of ₹(37,000 x 3)||₹ 44,400|
|4 KW||40% of 3 KW + 20% of the last KW i.e., 40% of ₹(33,000 x 3) + 20% of ₹33,000||₹ 46,200|
|5 KW||40% of ₹(33,000 x 3) + 20% of ₹(33,000 x 2)||₹ 52,800|
4 KW and 3KW solar panel Price in Uttar Pradesh with subsidy
Now that you know the amount of solar panel subsidy in UP and the Solar panel price in Uttar Pradesh, let’s look at the amount of money you need for installing a 3 KW and 4 KW solar system.
- – If the cost of 3 KW solar panels (system) you’re buying is ₹ 1,50,000, the subsidy amount will be ₹ 44,400. Here, you will need to pay ₹ 1,05,600 (₹ 1,50,000 – ₹ 44,400).
- – If the cost of 4 KW solar panels (system) you’re buying is ₹ 1,80,000, the subsidy amount is ₹ 46,200. Here, you need to pay ₹ 1,33,800 (₹ 1,80,000 – ₹ 46,200).
Please note: The final cost of installation will also vary according to the type of module you buy and the extra value-added services you might decide to purchase.
Also remember that this Solar panel price in Uttar Pradesh after subsidy is exclusive of the GST, VAT, and the cost of net metering.
What are the Objectives of Solar Panel Subsidy in UP?
UP is among the largest states in India. If you are a resident of this state, you must be aware of the climatic stability of this place. It has a great scope for generating the required amount of solar power for the whole city.
The objectives for offering a subsidy against the L1 Solar panel price, Uttar Pradesh include the following:
- – It enables people to install solar systems in their residences.
- – It promotes solar panels that are made in India.
The objective of Installing Solar Panels in UP
Solar panels are the best solution for generating green energy. You only need to install these panels on your rooftops, and they generate electricity by using sunlight. In addition, these panels require negligible maintenance to work efficiently.
The primary objective of installing a solar system are:
- – It helps in limiting carbon emissions by reducing the use of fossil-fuel-based electricity.
- – People save huge money by fulfilling their power requirements through solar energy.
- – Supplying excess power to the electrical grid (in the case of grid-connected solar systems).
Rooftop Solar Project Installation Process in UP
There are three stages of solar system installation. They are:
Here you need to complete the online application process for installing the rooftop solar system.
In addition, you also need to make the payment for a non-refundable registration charge.
Afterward, you can choose SolarSquare to install your rooftop solar system.
Once you complete the application process for the solar project, the agency and Kanpur Electric Supply Company Ltd. will proceed with their parts. These include the following:
- – The technical team will visit the spot to check the feasibility of installing a solar system.
- – If the site is accepted for installation, the team will capture the geo-coordinates of the place using a mobile application.
- – You will receive an auto intimation of the application via email and SMS.
Within 6 months of approval, the agency needs to install the solar system. This stage consists of the following steps:
- – The Sub Divisional Officer (SDO) conducts an inspection to determine the chances of discrepancy.
- – The SDO also verifies compliance and permits the commission of the metering system and RTS.
- – Afterward, the SDO records the initial reading for the meter to feed it into the NC portal.
- – After submitting all the checklists, the SDO provides a certificate for RTS completion.
- – Once the RTS certificate is submitted, the agency receives the subsidy amount from the discom.
Steps to apply for a subsidy against L1 solar panel price Uttar Pradesh
To get a subsidy on solar panels, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- – Go to KESCo’s official website.
- – Check the list of empanelled agencies.
- – Select SolarSquare from there.
- – Discuss all the details with experts from SolarSquare Energy.
- – A technical officer from KESCo will visit your house to check you have paid all the dues and to determine the suitability of your roof for installation.
- – After the government’s clearance, the SSE team will start its operation.
- – You need to pay SSE the amount for installing solar panels in full (total amount – subsidy).
- – After installation, the net metering commission will start.
- – Once the system becomes operational, KESCo disburses the subsidy to SSE.
The Net Metering Process to get a subsidy on solar panel in UP
The process of net metering includes the following steps:
- – You need to complete the application process for the solar system.
- – The SDO gives an acknowledgment for the application and receipt of the registration fee.
- – The technical team of KESCo verifies the site.
- – Upon verification, the SDO gives approval for solar system installation.
- – Further, you must sign the net metering agreement with the power supply board.
- – Afterward, the solar panel agency starts the installation task. Moreover, you need to submit the safety certificate issued by the agency.
- – Upon the successful completion of the solar system installation process, you are required to submit the work completion certificate.
Documents Requirement for Solar System Installation in UP
Subsidy on a solar system against the L1 solar panel price, Uttar Pradesh is available only for individual homeowners and housing societies. Commercial establishments do not get a subsidy in India.
For the smooth installation of the solar system in Uttar Pradesh, you need to submit the following documents:
- – Self-attested copies of Aadhaar card and PAN card: This acts as your identity proof.
- – Self-attested passport size photograph: The photos must be of recent time.
- – Copy of latest electricity bill: It is helpful in determining your power consumption using grid service.
- – Current municipal tax receipt of your house: This document specifies your legal right to the property.
Installing solar panels is going to be essential in the coming years.
Moreover, the UP solar panel subsidy will only be available till the government achieves its target of setting solar systems that can generate 4 GW worth of solar power through rooftop solar installation from the residential sector throughout the country.
Therefore, if you want to go solar by availing of the benefits of subsidy, you must take the initiative before the government meets its milestone. Once the target will be achieved, you will have to pay the entire solar panel price in Uttar Pradesh.
Q. What is the maximum duration an agency can take to install solar systems?
An agency needs to install a solar system at your residential property within 6 months from the approval date.
Q. What is the average solar panel price, Uttar Pradesh?
The solar panel price, Uttar Pradesh depends on the capacity of the solar system. The following table demonstrates the average cost according to the capacity:
|1 KW||₹ 45,000 to ₹ 70,000|
|2 KW||₹ 90,000 to ₹ 1,40,000|
|3 KW||₹ 1,35,000 to ₹ 2,10,000|
|4 KW||₹ 1,80,000 to ₹ 2,80,000|
|5 KW||₹ 2,25,000 to ₹ 3,50,000|
Q. What are the criteria to get a subsidy on solar panel installation in UP?
To get a subsidy on solar system in UP, you need to consider the following factors:
- – You must install the system on the rooftop of your residential property.
- – You must select an agency listed on the KESCo website.
- – The solar panels you select must be manufactured in India and ALMM-approved.