Do you know about Government solar subsidies in Madhya Pradesh? If not, don’t worry!
This article will brief you on everything about solar panel subsidy in MP and also tell you how to calculate the price of the panels.
Most of us are familiar with the idea that solar panel installation is important for society. Unlike fossil fuel electricity, it does not generate carbon dioxide. Besides, energy is also available for free.
Thanks to Government subsidies, installing solar panels is not an issue. Cost shouldn’t hold you back since the money that solar systems save in the long run is huge.
Curious to know more details about the solar rooftop scheme in MP? If so, this guide will certainly delight you. Dive in and decode the secrets about solar panel subsidy in MP like never before.
Benefits of Installing Solar systems in Madhya Pradesh
Before we learn about solar rooftop Madhya Pradesh subsidies, let’s understand why you need to install solar systems in the first place. There are mainly two reasons why you should.
- – It reduces carbon emission: Solar panels absorb energy from the renewable energy source, the Sun. Therefore, there is no involvement of fossil fuels in generating electricity.
Hence, no carbon dioxide gets emitted. When you switch to solar power, your carbon footprint drops significantly. Wouldn’t you want to be the hero that the planet needs now more than ever?
- – It decreases the electricity bill: With everything getting costlier, the least we can do is save money on electricity consumption. As discussed earlier, the energy is absorbed from the Sun.
When the rays fall on the solar panel’s surface, it converts the sunlight into reusable energy. So, the need for fossil fuel electricity is very less; thus, the electricity bill also gets reduced.
Price List of MP Rooftop Solar Panels
It is important to understand the factors contributing to the price to determine the approximate cost of MP solar rooftop panels.
According to the Madhya Pradesh solar rooftop policy, solar panels do not have a single price.
The prices will always differ based on the type of solar panels, the kind of technologies used by the manufacturer in making the panels, and the brand. All these factors contribute to the overall price of a solar system.
Generally, the MP solar rooftop systems have a price range listed below:
- – For 1 KW, the price ranges from Rs. 45,000 to Rs. 70,000.
- – For 2 KW, the price ranges from Rs. 90,000 to Rs. 1,40,000.
- – For 3 KW, the price ranges from Rs. 1,35,000 to Rs. 2,10,000.
- – For 4 KW, the price ranges from Rs. 1,80,000 to Rs. 2,80,000.
- – For 5 KW, the price ranges from Rs. 2,25,000 to Rs. 3,50,000.
Costs of solar systems with a Rooftop Solar Subsidy in Madhya Pradesh
Wondering whether the government provides direct subsidies on the price range listed above? Well, the answer is, no!
As per the solar rooftop scheme in MP, the government provides subsidies on L1 rates. L1 is the lowest bid that a vendor places on the solar panels in the state’s subsidy tender.
- – For 1 KW to 3 KW = the solar subsidy in MP is 40% on L1 prices.
- – For more than 3 KW (up to 10 KW) = the subsidy on solar panel in MP is 20% on L1 prices.
When it comes to Madhya Pradesh, the major Discoms are in Jabalpur, Bhopal, and Indore.
According to the solar rooftop policy in Madhya Pradesh, all these states have different L1 prices. Let’s look into each of them.
- – For 1 to 3 KW = Rs.39,100/KW (Bhopal)
- – For more than 3 KW (up to 10 KW) = Rs. 38,800/KW (Bhopal)
- – For 1 to 3 KW = Rs. 38,238/KW (Indore)
- – For more than 3 KW (up to 10 KW) = Rs. 37,301/KW (Indore)
- – For 1 to 3 KW = Rs. 38,000/KW (Jabalpur)
- – For more than 3 KW (up to 10 KW) = Rs. 37,000/KW (Jabalpur)
Based on these L1 prices, each city has a KW-wise solar subsidy in Madhya Pradesh 2022.
|Solar System Capacity||Solar Panel Subsidy in MP – Bhopal||Solar panel subsidy in MP – Indore||Solar Panel Subsidy in MP – Jabalpur|
|1 KW||Rs. 15,640||Rs. 15,295||Rs. 15,200|
|2 KW||Rs. 31,280||Rs. 30,590||Rs. 30,400|
|3 KW||Rs. 46,920||Rs. 45,886||Rs. 45,600|
|4 KW||Rs. 54,320||Rs. 52,221||Rs. 51,800|
|5 KW||Rs. 62,080||Rs. 59,682||Rs. 59,200|
Solar Panel Price with Subsidy in Bhopal, Jabalpur, and Indore
Now that you know the solar subsidy in MP and the solar panel price, you can find out the approximate amount you need to pay for the installation.
Simply subtract the subsidy from the price of the solar system to get the total amount.
Here are some examples.
- – For Bhopal: If your 4 KW solar system is worth Rs. 1,80,000, subtract from it Rs. 54,320 (subsidy on 4KW). You will need to pay Rs. 1,25,680.
- – For Indore: If your 4 KW solar system is worth Rs. 1,80,000, subtract from it the Rs. 52,221 (subsidy on 4 KW). You will need to pay Rs. 1,27,779.
- – For Jabalpur: If your 4 KW solar system is worth Rs. 1,80,000, subtract from it Rs. 51,800 (subsidy on 4 KW). You will need to pay Rs. 1,28,200.
How to Apply for Solar Rooftop Subsidy in MP?
Now let’s understand what steps you need to follow to apply for solar panel subsidy in MP effectively.
- – Visit the official website of your city’s discom.
- – Click on the list of empanelled vendors.
- – Select SolarSquare from the list.
- – Discuss all the details with SolarSquare Energy (SSE).
- – A technical officer from the discom will visit your house for inspection.
- – After evaluating the site and checking your bill clearance record, the officer will give approval for solar panel installation.
- – Afterward, the SSE team will start the installation process once you have made a payment in full.
- – Once the installation completes, commissioning of net metering will start.
- – After completing this process, your solar system will become functional.
- – The discom will pay the subsidy to SolarSquare directly.
Benefits of Solar Rooftop Subsidy in Madhya Pradesh
Is the solar panel subsidy in MP worth it? The short answer is yes!
Financial assistance was initiated to reduce the price of solar systems. The government started providing subsidies to help encourage more and more people to install solar systems.
Since more people install solar systems because of the solar panel subsidy in MP, the requirement for electricity from the commercial grid has been reduced. It has reduced pollution too.
Now that you know the benefits of subsidy on solar panel in MP, let’s understand how you can apply for a net meter in Madhya Pradesh.
How to Apply for a Net Meter in Madhya Pradesh?
According to Madhya Pradesh rooftop solar policy, the following six steps are mandatory to apply for net meters in MP:
- First, you must submit your application for solar panel installation and pay the registration fee.
- Then, you need to wait for at least five working days for DISCOM to check and approve your application.
- After that, DISCOM will verify the site, check the technical feasibility, and, based on it, will issue a sanction letter.
- If your net meter procurement is under the scope of DISCOM, you need to pay the meter testing charges as the government does not provide solar panel subsidy in MP on meter charges. Apart from that, you also need to sign the net metering agreement.
- After that, the execution and installation of net metering and rooftop solar system will take place.
- After the net metering is done, you need to submit the work completion report.
- The subsidy is finally disbursed to SSE.
Now you know everything about the solar panel subsidy in MP and how it is beneficial. Besides, you also know how to calculate the approximate amount you need to pay to install solar systems.
Switching to solar is the final nail in the coffin. Do it before the government stops providing a solar panel subsidy in MP.
Q. Is the L1 rate for Indore the same as that of Bhopal?
No, the L1 rates for both these cities are different.
- – The L1 rate for 1 to 3 KW systems is Rs. 38,238/KW
- – The L1 rate for systems above 3 and up to 10 KW is Rs. 37,301/KW.
- – The L1 rate for 1 to 3 KW systems is Rs.39,100/KW
- – The L1 rate for systems more than 3 and up to 10 KW is Rs. 38,800/KW
Q. Are solar panel rates in MP fixed?
No. The rates of solar panels vary depending upon the type of panels, the efficiency of the panels, the brand, and even the technology used to manufacture the panels.
Q. What is the price of solar panels in MP?
The price range is:
- – For 1KW: Rs. 45,000 to Rs. 70,000.
- – For 2KW: Rs. 90,000 to Rs. 1,40,000.
- -For 3KW: Rs. 1,35,000 to Rs. 2,10,000.
- – For 4KW: Rs. 1,80,000 to Rs. 2,80,000.
- – For 5KW: Rs. 2,25,000 to Rs. 3,50,000