The cost of solar systems is unaffordable – says who? Yes, it’s slightly on the higher side, but considering the money it will save you in the longer run, a solar system is worth every penny spent.
Besides, there’s a subsidy offered against the L1 solar panel price Haryana. Hence, it’s a lot more convenient for middle-class families to install solar panels nowadays.
If you’re somebody in the search to find out the details about solar panel price, Haryana, what are L1 prices, and how to apply for a subsidy on solar panel in Haryana, you have found the perfect article.
Read along to decode solar panel price in Haryana and the Haryana solar subsidy scheme 2022 like never before.
Solar panel price Haryana: Why is there so much variation?
Before anything else, let’s begin by helping you understand why there is a variation in the solar panel price, Haryana.
- – Solar panels come in different types, affecting the solar panel price in Haryana.
- – The brand also plays a significant role in the total price of solar panels. Better brands produce solar panels with higher efficiency. Hence, the cost variation.
- – The present-day modules are manufactured using advanced technologies that contribute to the fluctuations in the solar panel price, Haryana.
Solar Panel Price in Haryana
Based on the above-mentioned factors, you must have already guessed that the price of solar panels is not fixed.
The range can differ in the following manner:
- – Rs. 45,000 to Rs. 70,000 for 1KW
- – Rs. 90,000 to Rs. 1,40,000 for 2KW
- – Rs. 1,35,000 to Rs. 2,10,000 for 3KW
- – Rs. 1,80,000 to Rs. 2,80,000 for 4KW
- – Rs. 2,25,000 to Rs. 3,50,000 for 5KW
Solar Panel Price Haryana with Subsidy
Before discussing the solar panel price, Haryana with subsidies, you must know that the Government provides subsidies only on L1 prices.
L1 is the lowest bid a vendor places on the solar panels in the state’s solar tender. If we keep the GST aside, the L1 prices in Uttar Haryana are:
- – Rs. 39,450 for 1 KW to 3 KW solar systems.
- – Rs. 38,090 for more than 3 KW and up to 10 KW solar systems.
You might ask how much assistance is provided on the L1 prices.
Here’s the figure:
- – Solar subsidy in Haryana for 1KW to 3KW solar systems is 40% of the L1 rates.
- – Solar panel subsidy in Haryana for solar systems that are more than 3 KW and up to 10 KW is 20% of the L1 prices.
Now, if we calculate the costs with subsidies offered on solar panels in Haryana, here are the results:
|The capacity of the solar system||Subsidy on solar panel in Haryana without GST|
3KW solar panel price in Haryana with subsidy
It’s natural that you would want to learn what the price of a solar panel with a subsidy is. We have the figures.
According to the Haryana solar subsidy scheme 2022, if you’re planning to install a 3KW solar system that is worth Rs. 1,50,000, you can subtract from it the amount of subsidy that’s offered.
In the case of 3 KW, the subsidy, as you can see from the table, is Rs. 47,340.
Hence, the solar panel price in Haryana with a subsidy for a 3KW solar system worth Rs. 1,50,000 will be Rs. 1,02,660 (1,50,000 – 47,340).
Objectives of Solar Subsidy in Haryana
Since electricity prices are scaling, adapting to solar energy can help customers save money on electricity bills.
The Haryana solar subsidy scheme 2022 too has been introduced with the intention to popularise the mass adoption of solar in Haryana.
The Government’s motive is to eradicate or limit the use of fossil fuels that are dangerous for the environment as well as health.
Objectives of Installing Solar Panels in Haryana
Now, let’s discuss the objectives of installing solar panels in Haryana.
Well, there are two main reasons:
- – To reduce carbon dioxide emission: Although fossil-based electricity is easy to set up and use, it harms us in more ways than we can imagine. It releases carbon dioxide that pollutes the environment. Luckily, solar panels use the sun’s energy to generate electricity. Thus, there is no risk of carbon emissions.
- – To decrease the electricity bill: Sun’s energy is abundant. And once your solar system becomes functional, your dependence on expensive electricity from the grid will reduce substantially. Result? Very low electricity bills.
The rooftop solar project installation process in Haryana
If you want to install a solar system in Haryana, the following steps are mandatory.
- – First, you must submit an online application with Uttar Haryana Bijli Vitran Nigam Limited.
- – Then, you need to make a payment of Rs. 1000. Remember that the fee is non-refundable.
- – Once the SDO receives the online payment, you will receive an acknowledgment receipt.
- – The SDO will conduct a site verification within 3 working days after you’ve received the acknowledgment receipt.
- – Within the next 15 days after the site visit, you’ll get the approval if the SDO found everything feasible during the site visit.
- – Now, if the solar system you’re planning to install is more than 5 KW, expect another site visit within the next one week to check the feasibility further.
- – Next comes the signing of the net metering application between you and the SDO.
- – Once that’s done, you’ll have to provide a work completion certificate.
Step-by-Step Process to Apply for Solar Panel Subsidy in Haryana
We’ll now cover the step-by-step process of applying for a solar panel subsidy in Haryana.
- – Visit the UHBVN website.
- – Click on the list of empanelled vendors.
- – Select SolarSquare from the list.
- – Discuss all the details with SolarSquare Energy (SSE).
- – A technical officer from UHBVN will visit your house for inspection.
- – After evaluating the site and checking your bill clearance record, the officer will give approval for solar panel installation.
- – Afterward, SSE will start the installation once you make full payment (solar panel price in Haryana minus the subsidy).
- – Once the installation completes, commissioning for net metering will start.
- – After completing this process, your solar system will become functional.
- – The UHBVN will pay the subsidy to SolarSquare directly.
Solar Net Metering Process in Haryana
Now that you know the solar panel price, Haryana, the subsidy offered, and all other details, let’s discuss Haryana’s solar net metering process.
The following are the nine ways to apply for a net meter in Haryana.
- You need to fill up an application form on the UHBVN website and pay Rs. 1000 to SDO and take permission for the installation.
- Next, you need to collect the application receipt from the subdivision officer.
- Then, your application will be verified and checked by SDO. This might take up to three working days.
- If you want to install a solar plant above 5KW capacity, a system feasibility check will be done after the approval of the SDO.
- Then, you need to sign an agreement with the SDO.
- After that, you can install the solar system. Remember, this needs to be done within 180 days.
- If you install solar systems from 20 KWp to 100 KWp, you need to submit a safety certificate that’s issued by a chartered engineer to the electricity board.
For solar plants above this range, the inspection by an Electrical Inspector is mandatory. Below 20KWp, a safety certificate from SSE will be enough.
- Then, you have to submit the work completion report.
- Finally, the net meter will be commissioned in three days.
List of Documents Required in Haryana
The following is the list of all necessary documents you need to keep ready.
- A self-attested copy of the Aadhar card is required.
- You also need a clear passport-size photograph.
- A copy of the pan card is vital as identification proof.
- The latest municipal tax receipt is also needed.
- The last electricity bill will also be required.
It’s very important to understand that the L1 solar panel price in Haryana is different from the overall price range of solar panels.
A subsidy is offered only against the L1 solar panel price, Haryana. Besides, subsidies make things so much more economical.
As long as you’re an individual homeowner or a housing society, you can very much take the benefit of a subsidy according to the Haryana solar subsidy scheme 2022.
Q. Does the Government provide subsidies directly on the solar panel price, Haryana?
No, the Government provides subsidies on the L1 prices of the solar system.
Q. Is a copy of the pan card essential while submitting the documents for solar panel installation?
Yes, a pan card is essential while submitting the documents for solar panel installation. This is because a pan card serves as authentic identification proof.
Q. Are solar subsidies available for commercial projects?
No, solar subsidies on L1 solar panel price in Haryana are only applicable for residential buildings and housing societies.