All You Need To Know About Green Solar Energy: A Detailed Guide
Green energy is the energy that comes from renewable resources, like sunlight. It does not release airborne pollutants; hence, is eco-friendly.
The energy is extracted from the sun’s beams and transformed into electrical energy for use in domestic or commercial applications. Thus, it is referred to as green solar energy.
Green solar power does not deplete like fossil fuels because it comes from natural sources. As a result, customers can switch to green solar energy, save money due to reduced electricity cost, and adopt an environmentally beneficial method of device operation and charging.
What Makes Solar Energy Green?
Green is considered a colour of ‘nature,’ ‘renewal,’ and ‘energy’. So, when solar energy is taken from the sunrays, it is known as green solar energy. Besides, it is also considered green because it does not exhaust or negatively impact nature.
Unlike artificial energy resources like natural gas, coal, oil, and wood, green solar energy is safe and does not generate carbon emissions that are responsible for global warming.
Carbon emissions cause pollution and green solar energy reduces it. Not only do artificial energy resources harm the environment, but they are also not renewable like solar energy. All these reasons make solar energy green and a reliable source of electricity.
Uses Of Green Solar Energy
Green solar power can be used for residential, commercial, and industrial purposes. The different uses of green solar energy are as follows:
- – It helps in running ventilation fans.
- – It can be used to refuel water heaters.
- – The green solar energy can warm up pool water for use in the off-season.
- – It can power batteries for cell phones, computers, and tablet devices.
- – Green solar facilitates the operation of washing machines, coolers, and other electronic appliances.
- – It can warm solar cookers.
- – Green energy helps turn on lights.
- – It supports the process of solar-powered pumps.
- – Users can utilise it for solar security lights or landscape illumination.
- – It is helpful for agricultural purposes.
- – Both the chemical and commercial industries can benefit from green solar energy.
Reasons Behind The Popularity Of Green Solar Energy
Green solar energy is gradually but steadily growing in popularity among users. A significant reason why it is increasing in demand is that it utilises and saves the environment’s natural resources.
Apart from these, the following are some other reasons behind the popularity of green solar energy:
- – Solar systems come with a good life span. Therefore, the maintenance required to keep them working for a long time is minimal.
- – Since green solar energy is renewable and comes from nature, it is unlimited and can be used forever for free.
- – It significantly reduces electricity costs.
- – The solar systems are easy to install on the house or building’s rooftop.
- – It is suitable for the environment as well as for personal use.
- – It reduces the safety concerns related to the grid system.
Benefits Of Green Solar Energy
There are several benefits of using green solar power for day-to-day activities. The following are the eight benefits of green solar energy:
- It creates no greenhouse gas emissions and is safe for the environment.
- It reduces the carbon footprint.
- Since solar systems do not emit harmful air pollutants while converting sunlight into electricity, they reduce the risk of deadly disorders.
- The use of green solar energy protects people from cancer, throat irritation, airway inflammation, reduced lung function, damaged lung tissues, and many other health issues.
- It is cost-effective to operate.
- The excessive energy can be stored in a battery or supplied to the discom. It can be imported later on when needed.
- Green solar energy can be accessed from any location as it is derived from the sun’s energy.
- The solar systems have a lifespan of 25-30 years; thus, users can access green energy for free for 30 years after a one-time purchase.
Please note: Not all solar panels have the same lifespan. Ask the manufacturer about the lifespan to have an idea before making the purchase.
Drawbacks Of Green Solar Energy
The following are the few drawbacks of green solar energy:
- A disadvantage of relying on green solar power is that it can only be obtained when the sunlight falls on the photovoltaic cells.
- The solar systems require a large piece of land when they’re being ground-mounted.
- While manufacturing solar panels, specific materials like silicon are required. These materials are rarely found. This is one reason why solar systems are expensive.
- The initial investment in solar systems is relatively high. Although users don’t have to pay a lot for maintenance or continuous operation, the one-time investment can be costly for utilising green solar energy.
Undeniably, green solar energy is the future of energy consumption today. Although green solar energy has some drawbacks, the advantages are comparatively higher. Therefore, many people are switching to solar energy for residential and commercial usage.
If the manufacturers can find a remedy to the drawbacks, green energy will become more popular than it is today. Besides, green energy might come up with more uses in the future with the evolution of technology.
Q1. What are the three different types of solar energy?
The three different types of solar energy are as follows:
- – Solar thermal
- – Concentrated solar power
- – Solar photovoltaics
Q2. Is green solar energy harmful to the environment?
No, green solar energy is not harmful to the environment. Instead, it is eco-friendly and an excellent alternative to fossil fuel energy.
Q3. How does green solar energy reduce greenhouse gas emissions?
Green solar energy eliminates CO2 emissions and is a clean and renewable source of power.