Frequent power cuts are a common problem in many parts of India. Isn’t it?
Do you know why? The increased power load and uneven power distribution through the commercial grid are the most common reasons for insufficient power supply.
But, what is the solution? Inverters!
In a world that is moving towards a sustainable environment using solar energy systems, a solar inverter is the best option. The solar inverters bring added benefits to users by generating power from readily available sun rays.
But, how to decide which solar inverters belong to the best inverter company brands to meet your electricity power requirements?
Certain aspects need to be considered when choosing an inverter even from the best inverter company. Do not worry! We are here to help you!
Let’s look at the types of solar inverters and then learn to pick solar inverters from the best inverter company brands in India.
Types of Best Solar Inverters Based on the Technology
The market is flooded with multiple solar inverter manufacturers. The popularity of solar panels has also increased the demand for solar inverters.
Before choosing the products by the best inverter company, let us first understand the five types of solar inverters:
1. On-grid solar inverters
On-grid solar inverters in an on-grid solar system play a part more than just converting DC current into AC current – it shuts down the power supply from the solar system the minute there’s a power cut from the grid.
Sometimes, this issue of interrupted power supply is known as a power outage. But, it’s a mandatory function that an on-grid solar inverter is supposed to meet.
This feature of shutting down the solar system is called Anti-Islanding Protection. If the electricity keeps coming and a wireman is still working at the site of the fault, it could be a serious safety risk. Hence, Anti-Islanding is mandatory.
2. Off-grid solar inverters
These solar inverters come with a battery backup. Off-grid solar inverters work independently of the grid. They provide adequate energy to power home appliances such as coolers, AC, TV, water pump, etc.
Do you know? An off-grid inverter of 1kW, manufactured by some of the best inverter company brands, is sufficient to meet the power requirements of an average Indian household. However, to run a 1HP pump, you need to buy at least a 3 kW off-grid solar inverter.
3. String solar inverters
String inverters connect to a string of inter-linked rooftop solar panels. Currently, many companies provide these types of solar inverters in Asia, Europe, Australia, and the UK.
Hence, it becomes all the more important that you pick the right products from the best inverter company.
4. Micro solar inverter
Interestingly, these solar inverters are commonly referred to as ‘micros’.
They attach directly to a single solar panel to convert DC into a usable current. The best inverter company will offer micros that are excellent options for solar panels installed on complex rooftops.
Did you know that micro solar inverters are currently the best products in the market in terms of efficiency; hence, they’re expensive too?
5. Hybrid solar inverters
These inverters are similar to string solar inverters. However, they require a direct connection to a storage battery system for higher self-sufficiency. Therefore, they are commonly known as battery-ready inverters.
The best inverter company will always design hybrid inverters with a basic level of power backup. They are generally expensive; however, with advancements in technology, more brands are trying to bring down the cost.
Top 6 Solar Inverters You Can Count On
Here comes the genie out of the bottle – which are the best solar inverters in India?
Let us find out!
1. Luminous Solar hybrid 1100/12V Home UPS
Luminous is one of the best inverter company brands known for its products. It is known for making high-quality products in the electrical industry.
That being said, let’s explore the features of this particular solar inverter.
- – It is designed primarily for residential applications.
- – It has a power of 700 VA, and its operating voltage ranges between 100-290 V.
- – It supports multiple battery types and can save up to three units of electricity per day.
- – It comes with Intelligent Solar Optimisation Technology for maximum usage of solar energy to produce more electricity.
- – The i-charging technology of this solar inverter makes it ideal for areas that witness frequent power cuts.
2. V-Guard Smart Pro -1200 S Solar Inverter
- – This solar inverter comes with wifi and Bluetooth connectivity. This function enables users to monitor the inverter through a mobile phone app.
- – Users can check the backup time, switch modes, and charge inverters.
- – Advanced features of this inverter provide power to LED TVs, inverter refrigerators, computers, speakers, kitchen chimneys, mixers, and LED bulbs. It has a 30% faster-turbocharging feature.
- – It has pure sine wave technology to offer maximum efficiency. This ensures less power consumption and noiseless processing. It also increases the battery life of electrical appliances.
3. MICROTEK Digital Solar- UPS M-SUN-1135 VA 12V
This is a hybrid solar inverter by one of the best inverter company brands, Microtek.
Here are the features:
- – It is suitable for handling solar and grid-based technologies.
- – It provides both DC and AC outputs with 1135 VA power capacity.
- – It also provides a 12 V DC output.
4. Exide Technologies – 12V 40Amps Solar Charge Controller with LCD
Exide is a well-known brand in India. It manufactures multiple electrical appliances.
Let’s find the features of this particular product.
- – The Exide 12V 40 Amps hybrid solar inverter supports both grid-based and solar technology.
- – Its total power output is 850 VA, and its DC output is about 12 V. It offers 95% efficiency to users.
5. MICROTEK M-sun solar inverter
Microtek is one of the best inverter company brands in India. The M-sun solar inverter is suitable for domestic purposes.
- – It comes with DSPIC Intelligent Control Design which makes it highly durable.
- – The large LCD of this solar inverter shows crucial parameters like input and output voltage.
- – The well-integrated protection and safety protocol of this inverter prevents overheating and short circuits.
- – The sensory overload features help in preventing the overload of power on devices.
- – It also uses excessive solar energy to charge the battery and redirects the power to the main road.
6. UTL Heliac Pure Sine Wave Solar Inverter
- – This solar inverter functions by charging batteries from solar energy and grid power.
- – It weighs nearly 11 kg, and its voltage range falls between 850VA to 3500VA.
- – Its crucial features consist of LED indication, charge controller, colourful LCD, built-in IT mode, etc.
- – Moreover, the smart technology of this solar inverter recognises if there’s a battery connected.
- – The auto adjustment feature of the UTL Heliac inverter checks the battery type and charges it as per requirement.
A solar inverter not only converts Direct Current from sunlight into usable AC electricity but also reduces the carbon footprint.
Moreover, the ones by the best inverter company brands ensure user safety by offering various features while charging the battery and supplying an efficient amount of power to avoid short circuits due to overload.
Since there are multiple products, we hope that now you know which are the best inverter company brands and inverters you can count on.
Q. Can I install a solar inverter by myself?
Solar inverters require expert handling. Therefore, to avoid any accident and damage, you must take expert help for installation.
Q. What are the crucial components of a solar inverter?
The crucial components of a solar inverter are battery, solar panels, racking, monitoring, wiring, balance system, and charge controller.
Q. How are solar inverters more beneficial than regular inverters?
The solar inverters take DC power from the solar panels and convert it into usable AC power. They do not need to be tied to a battery to function, unlike regular inverters.
Additionally, they do not require frequent maintenance like regular inverters.