A solar battery is a crucial part of the solar system because it stores the power for nighttime usage. However, selecting an optimum capacity solar battery can be a tricky job. There are multiple factors that you need to consider before making a purchase.
If you are looking forward to buying a low-capacity solar battery, you must check the 40Ah solar battery price and specifications.
Want to know what are the types, features, and specifications of a solar battery? If so, we have covered every aspect along with the 40Ah solar battery price in this blog.
First, let’s understand the features you need to look for in a 40Ah capacity solar battery.
What are the Features of 40Ah Solar Batteries?
The basic feature of solar batteries is that they are designed according to the duty cycle of solar panels. This means that:
- – During the day, when panels produce electricity, the battery gets charged
- – It’s during the nighttime that the charged battery supplies power for home utility
One of the best features of 40 Ah solar batteries is that they are compact and portable, so you can carry them anywhere.
Now, let’s move forward and understand what the different types of solar batteries and their specialties are.
What is a Tall Tubular Solar Battery?
The most commonly used solar battery is the tall tubular battery. The tall tubular 40Ah solar battery price is affordable.
Also known as the lead-acid solar battery, the tall tubular battery gets charged through a chemical reaction. Moreover, it offers an uninterrupted power supply.
Most manufacturers offer a 2-year warranty for lead-acid batteries. However, when the capacity is as small as 40 AH, you need to follow a regular maintenance process to keep the battery in optimum functioning condition.
Please note: You must place a tall tubular battery safely in a non-flammable environment because it produces flammable hydrogen gas during charging.
What is a Lithium-ion Solar Battery?
It is a highly advanced, efficient, and compact solar battery. It uses electrochemical reactions while charging. Although this battery type requires a slightly higher investment, its warranty period balances the cost.
On average, manufacturers provide 4 years of operational warranty for a 40 AH lithium-ion solar battery. However, note that the longevity of a solar battery depends on its duty cycle.
Let us take a small example to understand this!
Suppose a solar battery has a life of 10,000 deep cycles; its durability will last till you exhaust all the deep cycles, be it in 5 years or 10 years. Thus, if you exhaust the deep cycles within 5 years, the battery will last up to those 5 years.
Comparing Lithium-ion and Tall Tubular Solar Batteries
The differentiating features of both these categories are listed in the table mentioned below.
|Lithium-ion batteries||Tall tubular batteries|
|These batteries do not require maintenance||When the capacity is small, these batteries need maintenance for proper functioning|
|Electrochemical reactions occur during charging||These batteries produce chemical reactions while charging|
|They have a compact structure with high power efficiency||The power efficiency of lead-acid batteries is relatively low|
|Lithium-ion batteries are 2.5 times costlier than lead-acid batteries||These batteries are more affordable to purchase|
Specifications of 40Ah Battery
Before we walk you through the 40Ah solar battery price, it is important to check its specifications to determine its performance.
Although certain specifications like weight, dimension, and warranty keep changing from one manufacturer to another, the following specs remain the same:
|Charge current||4 Amp|
Which brings us to the next most sought-after question: what are the brands that provide high-quality batteries at the best 40Ah solar battery price?
Here is the list of the top 5 manufacturers of lead-acid solar batteries.
- Exide: It is the fourth largest battery manufacturer worldwide, with a dealership network across 46 countries. It was founded in 1947 and is currently headquartered in Kolkata.
- Luminous: It is a trusted solar battery manufacturer with 7 manufacturing units in India. It was established in 1988, and today it is spread across 36 countries.
- Amara Raja: It is a multinational conglomerate company founded in 1985. Presently, it is headquartered in Tirupati.
- Okaya: It is a trusted battery manufacturer with 6 major branches in India. It is known to produce high-capacity tubular solar batteries.
- Genus: It is a part of Kailash Group and is known to provide eco-friendly power generation solutions. The 40Ah solar battery price by Genus is one of the most competitive rates in the market.
What is the 40Ah Solar Battery Price?
Let’s now catch the elephant by its tail without beating around the bush: the details about the 40Ah solar battery price!
- – A lithium-ion battery costs nearly 2.5 times more than a lead-acid battery.
- – On average, the 40Ah solar battery price for a small lead-acid battery is nearly Rs. 2.500 to Rs. 3,000.
How to Choose A Solar Battery?
Now that you know all the necessary details about the 40Ah solar battery price, let’s look at the factors you must consider while choosing an appropriate battery for your solar panel.
- – Capacity: It provides information about the units of power the battery can store. As a buyer, you must pay attention to the usable capacity of solar batteries.
- – Power rating: It is a figure that tells you the power supply of solar batteries for running electrical appliances.
- – Round trip efficiency: It compares the amount of electricity a solar battery uses during charging and the amount of electricity it provides for usage.
- – Durability: To make a smart purchase, you must check the optimum warranty period of the solar battery for better durability.
- – Safety rating: While purchasing a solar battery, check that it follows all the standard safety requirements. It must be resilient against high temperatures.
Advantages of a 40Ah Battery
Generally, solar batteries are used in trolling motors, solar backup systems, fifth wheels, sailing, motor homes, and several other deep-cycle applications.
However, both types of 40Ah batteries – lead-acid and lithium-ion – are quite small to offer the aforementioned benefits.
They offer other advantages listed below.
Benefits of acid lead battery:
- – It offers a smooth power supply
- – It is extremely affordable
Benefits of the lithium-ion battery:
- – It comes with high durability
- – It does not produce hydrogen during the charging process
- – The compact structure of this battery makes it suitable for mobile phones
- – A 12V 40Ah battery can also be used to light up small bulbs
Before making a purchase, you must determine your power consumption and compare the features of solar batteries from different manufacturers.
Lead acid solar batteries are more prevalent than lithium-ion ones due to their affordable price and scalability. However, it is anticipated that lithium-ion solar batteries will replace lead-acid batteries in the near future.
Q. What is the 40Ah solar battery price?
The 40AH solar battery price is between Rs. 2,500 to Rs. 3,000. Batteries that are much larger (used for commercial purposes) can cost up to Rs. 1.5 lakh/kwh.
Q. How long does a lead-acid 12 V 40Ah battery last?
The warranty period of these solar batteries is 2 years. However, the longevity of a solar battery majorly depends on its duty cycle. The 12V lead-acid 40Ah tubular solar batteries generally have 500 deep cycles.
Q. Does lithium-ion battery produce hydrogen gas?
Lithium-ion batteries use electrochemical reactions during the charging process. Therefore, they do not produce hydrogen gas.