Installation of solar systems is crucial not just for reducing your electricity bill but also for restoring the environmental balance.
Some people just shy away from switching to solar since they find the cost of solar systems marginally higher, but the benefits of switching to solar are staggering. Besides, there’s a solar subsidy in Rajasthan 2022 that you must know about.
The solar subsidy in Rajasthan 2022 is the state government’s initiative to provide financial assistance to people (homeowners and housing societies) willing to install rooftop solar systems.
Want to learn more about solar subsidy in Rajasthan? Interested in exploring the solar panel price in Rajasthan?
If so, this guide is good news for you. Dive in and you’ll have solar subsidy in Rajasthan 2022 decoded like never before.
Overview of Solar Subsidy in Rajasthan 2022
To get the benefits of subsidies on solar systems, you must understand the concept of discovered price first.
To earn the maximum allocation rights, multiple empanelled vendors of the state place their bids for subsidy tender.
The vendor whose bid price is the least wins the most solar system allocation rights and that price becomes the discovered price, denoted as L1. The solar subsidy in Rajasthan is offered against the L1 price.
L1 solar panel price, Rajasthan is:
- – ₹40,991/KW for solar systems up to 3 KW
- – ₹43,500/KW for solar systems that are above 3 KW and up to 10 KW
Benefits of Installing Solar System in Rajasthan
Installing solar systems is crucial to living a sustainable life. Apart from reducing your dependency on the commercial grid, they offer the following benefits:
- – No carbon emission: Solar panels trap the energy from sunlight and convert it into consumable electricity. During this process, there is no emission of carbon dioxide. Therefore, a solar system helps in keeping the surroundings clean.
- – Reduced electricity bills: Highly efficient solar panels generate sufficient electricity required to run a household. This reduces dependence on commercial power from the grid, resulting in low electricity bills.
Pricelist of Solar panels in Rajasthan
Although L1 price is used to calculate solar subsidy in Rajasthan 2022, the solar panel price in Rajasthan varies based on the following few factors:
- – The technology used for manufacturing different solar panels is different.
- – The efficiency of different solar panels is different.
Besides, the better the brand, the better the quality and performance of the modules (panels). The higher the quality of the modules, the higher their price.
Generally, the 1kw solar panel price in Rajasthan falls under the price range of ₹ 45,000 to ₹ 70,000 per KW.
To calculate the price range of different capacities, you need to multiply the price range by the capacity. The values will be:
- – 1 kW: ₹ 45,000 to ₹ 70,000
- – 2 KW: ₹ 90,000 to ₹ 1,40,000
- – 3 KW: ₹ 1,35,000 to ₹ 2,10,000
- – 4 KW: ₹ 1,80,000 to ₹ 2,80,000
- – 5 KW: ₹ 2,25,000 to ₹ 3,50,000
Solar Subsidy in Rajasthan 2022 with Price List
Getting a solar rooftop subsidy in Rajasthan is an excellent way to invest in the installation of solar panels without bearing the system’s total cost.
This government initiative assists the people of Rajasthan in installing highly efficient solar panels at an economical price.
The following table demonstrates the solar subsidy in Rajasthan 2022 according to the capacity of the solar system:
|The capacity of the solar system||Solar subsidy in Rajasthan 2022|
|1 KW||40% of ₹ 40,991 = ₹ 16,396|
|2 KW||₹ 16,396 x 2 = ₹ 32,793|
|3 KW||₹ 16,396 x 3 = ₹ 49,189|
|4 KW||40% of ₹43,500 = Rs, 17,40020% of ₹43,500 = Rs. 8700|
For the 1st 3 KW = ₹ 17,400 x 3 = ₹ 52,200For the remaining 1 KW = ₹ 8700
Total = ₹ 60,900
|5 KW||For the first 3 KW = ₹ 52,200For the remaining 2 KW = 8700 x 2 = ₹ 17,400|
Total = ₹ 69,600
We’re sure that you can conveniently understand the calculation of solar subsidy in Rajasthan 2022 with the help of the aforementioned table.
Now to calculate the amount of money required for installing a solar system in Rajasthan, you need to take the following steps:
- – The cost of a 4 KW solar system you choose is, say, ₹ 1,80,000.
- – To find the final payable amount, you have to subtract the subsidy for 4 KW from ₹ 1,80,000.
- – The calculation would be: ₹ 1,80,000 – ₹ 60,900 = ₹ 1,19,100.
In this particular scenario, the cost of installing a 4 KW solar system in Rajasthan would be ₹ 1,19,100.
Please note: The tentative figure listed above does not include the cost of net metering, GST, VAT, and any other value-added service you might wish to purchase.
Besides, if you choose a better-quality, high-technology module and solar inverter, it will cost you more than ₹ 1,80,000.
Application Process of Solar Subsidy in Rajasthan 2022
We have broken down the application process for solar subsidy in Rajasthan 2022 in simple and convenient steps. Have a look:
- – Visit the JVVNL website.
- – Click on the list of empanelled vendors.
- – Select SolarSquare from the list.
- – Discuss all the details with SolarSquare Energy (SSE).
- – A technical officer from Jaipur Vidyut Vitran Nigam Ltd. will visit your house for inspection.
- – After evaluating the site and checking your bill clearance record, the officer will give approval for solar panel installation.
- – Afterward, the SSE team will start the installation process once you have made a payment in full.
- – Once the installation completes, commissioning for net metering will start.
- – After completing this process, your solar system will become functional.
- – The JVVNL will pay the amount of solar subsidy in Rajasthan to SolarSquare directly.
Benefits of Solar Subsidy in Rajasthan 2022
Governments all around the world appreciate the benefits of solar energy. Therefore, they offer great subsidies to the citizens to increase their dependency on solar power.
If you are wondering about the benefits of solar subsidy in Rajasthan 2022, continue reading to get the answer:
- – It enables people with low and medium incomes to install efficient solar panels at their residences. This helps them reduce their electricity expense in the long run.
- – Solar subsidy in Rajasthan 2022 promotes solar panels made in India because the government offers a subsidy amount only on those panels that are made within the country.
Application for net metering to avail of a solar subsidy in Rajasthan 2022
For net metering, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- – Complete the online application process for the solar system installation by filling out the form and depositing the registration fee.
- – After the sub-division officer’s (SDO) acknowledgment of the application, a technical team of Nigam will visit the site for inspection.
- – After site verification, the SDO gives approval for solar system installation.
- – Afterward, you need to sign a net metering agreement with JVVNL.
- – In the next step, SSE will install a solar system and connect it to the grid for proper functioning.
- – Further, you need to submit the safety certificate provided by SSE.
- – After the completion of the installation, you need to submit a work completion report to the electricity board.
The solar subsidy in Rajasthan 2022 is offered only for homes and housing societies.
If you are planning to install your rooftop solar system, visit the JVVNL website to start the application process before India achieves its target of installing 4 GW capacity.
Why? Because once 4 GW of electricity will be generated from rooftop solar systems at homes, subsidies will no longer be provided.
Q. What is the price range of the 5 KW solar system in Rajasthan?
The cost range of a 5 KW solar system in Rajasthan is ₹ 2,25,000 to ₹ 3,50,000.
Q. What is the L1 for a 7 KW solar system in Rajasthan?
L1 price for a solar system with 7 KW capacity is estimated at ₹ 3,04,500.
Q. How much net amount do I need to pay for installing a 5 KW solar system?
The total subsidy offered for a 5 KW solar system is ₹ 69,600. If the cost of the 5KW solar system you are buying is ₹ 2,80,000, then you have to pay ₹ 2,80,000 – ₹ 69,600 = ₹ 2,10,400.