The location of Chhattisgarh observes warm weather, with an average temperature of 33° C. As it receives plenty of sunlight, it is a perfect region for efficient solar power generation. Thus, investing in a solar power plant in Chhattisgarh is a wise decision for residents of this state.
But do you know how solar panels function? Let’s first briefly get an idea about the mechanism of solar panels and then move to the types and prices of solar systems in Chhattisgarh.
Well, when solar panels receive sunlight, the photovoltaic cells in the panels absorb the solar radiation. This solar energy leads to the generation of electrical charges. Such charges move by following an internal electric field in the solar cell.
It leads to the flow of electric current, which is a DC form of electricity. It gets transferred to the solar inverter through a series of wires. The inverter converts the DC electricity to AC electricity that is used for running electrical appliances.
So, if you want to know more about a solar power plant in Chhattisgarh, its price range, and the subsidy offered by the state government, keep reading!
Types of Solar Power Plants
Before switching to solar, you must analyse which type of solar power plant in Chhattisgarh is more suitable for you. There are three major types of solar plants, as explained below:
- – On-Grid Solar Power Plant: An on-grid solar plant is also known as a grid-connected solar system. It generates power during the daytime, and at night, it taps into the grid for power supply. Notably, the government offers solar subsidies only for rooftop on-grid solar systems for homeowners and small housing societies.
- – Off-Grid Solar Power Plant: An off-grid solar power plant works independently of the electricity grid. It is also referred to as a standalone solar system. This system works with batteries that serve as a medium for power storage for use at night.
- – Hybrid Solar Power Plants: A hybrid power plant is an advanced solar system that functions as a combination of on-grid and off-grid solar systems. It is tied to the grid and also has batteries. Notably, in comparison with on-grid solar plants, hybrid solar plants are pretty expensive.
Commercial Solar Power Plants in Chhattisgarh
Chhattisgarh has more than 60 projects in the planning stage. These will be executed with the collaboration of private and government bodies in the near future.
Some notable solar power plants operating in Chhattisgarh are –
- – Solar Power Facility For Chhattisgarh State Electricity Board: It is the foremost commercial-scale solar plant in Chhattisgarh that aims to meet the elevated power requirements of the state.
- – Tata Power Solar Microgrids Project: It is a microgrid project that is aimed to offer support to the tribal community of Chhattisgarh.
- – Parampujya Solar PV Park Project: This is a ground-mounted 50MW PV power project that is co-owned by Adani Green Energy and Total Solar Singapore.
Here are a few upcoming solar plant projects in this state:
- – Sona Power Ltd, Mudpar, Janjgir: 600 MW
- – ACB (India) Ltd, Nawapara, Raigarh: 600 MW
- – Godawari Power & Ispat Pvt Ltd, Dharamjaigarh, Raigarh: 1320 MW
- – KSK Energy Ventures Ltd, Morga: 1800 MW
- – NTPC, Lara, Raigarh: 1600MW
With all these capacious projects, it is evident that Chhattisgarh is dedicated to amplifying its renewable energy supply.
Price of Solar Plant in Chhattisgarh
Learning about the prices is significant to get an idea of what will be the cost of investment when opting to install an on-grid rooftop solar power plant in Chhattisgarh.
The price of a solar power plant in Chhattisgarh denotes your overall upfront cost for your investment in solar energy. Notably, the prices vary as per the key specifications of your solar plant.
The major specifications that influence the price factor are as follows:
- – Type of solar panels: Monocrystalline or Polycrystalline
- – Manufacturing brand of solar panels
- – The technology of the solar panels
- – Type of solar system: On-Grid, Off-grid, or Hybrid systems
- – Type of solar inverter
So, overall, the price range for a solar power plant in Chhattisgarh (on-grid, rooftop) is as tabulated below:
|Solar Plant Capacity||Price Range of a solar power plant in Chhattisgarh|
|1KW||₹70,000 to ₹1,10,000|
|2KW||₹1,40,000 to ₹1,80,000|
|3KW||₹1,80,000 to ₹2,40,000|
|4KW||₹2,40,000 to ₹3,20,000|
|5KW||₹3,00,000 to ₹4,00,000|
Subsidy on an on-grid rooftop solar power plant in Chhattisgarh
The state governments have been implementing a subsidy scheme based on L1 prices for solar systems for a while now, which involves disbursing the subsidy to the vendor after the installation and commissioning of the net meter. This process is quite lengthy and complicated.
On July 30, 2022, Prime Minister Modi launched the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) subsidy scheme, which is much simpler and faster. Under this program, customers receive the subsidy amount in their bank accounts within a month of the solar system becoming operational. This is a nationwide scheme with a fixed subsidy rate throughout the country. Due to its benefits, the DBT scheme is expected to surpass the state subsidy programs in India soon.
Here are the details about the subsidy that’s offered under this scheme.
|Plant Capacity||Applicable Subsidy|
|Up to 3kW||₹14,588/- per kW|
|Above 3kW and up to 10kW||₹14,588/kW for the first 3kW; thereafter, ₹7294/kW|
|Above 10kW||₹94,822 fixed|
After subsidy, the price of solar systems reduce. We have tabulated the details below.
|System’s capacity||Price without subsidy||Subsidy offered||Price after subsidy|
|1 KW||₹70,000 to ₹1,10,000||₹14,588||₹55,412 to ₹95,412|
|2 KW||₹1,40,000 to ₹1,80,000||₹29,176||₹1,10,824 to ₹1,50,824|
|3 KW||₹1,80,000 to ₹2,40,000||₹43,764||₹1,36,236 to ₹1,96,236|
|4 KW||₹2,40,000 to ₹3,20,000||₹51,058||₹1,88,942 to ₹2,68,942|
|5 KW||₹3,00,000 to ₹4,00,000||₹58,352||₹2,41,648 to ₹3,41,648|
How To Choose The Best Solar Power Plant?
Here are some significant factors that you must consider when planning to install a solar power plant in Chhattisgarh:
- – Your power generation goal depends on your electricity consumption; thus, choose the capacity of the solar plant that best suits your power consumption.
- – The type, efficiency, and output of solar panels are also vital factors to consider.
- – Weather and temperature fluctuations in your region should also be considered.
- – Check for the warranty and certifications of the solar panels.
- – And, most importantly, consider your budget for the investment. Also, look for eligibility for solar subsidies in your state.
Pros of Solar Power Plant Installation
When we use conventional sources of energy to meet our electricity needs, it leads to carbon emissions, which is harmful. Alternatively, solar plants generate clean & green energy. There are other benefits too.
- – By installing a solar power plant in Chhattisgarh, after making a one-time investment, you can use free energy generated from solar radiation to run your appliances.
- – Solar energy reduces your dependency on the electricity grid, which leads to a reduction in your power bills. It results in considerable savings.
- – Solar power plants do not call for heavy maintenance.
Cons of Solar Power Plant Installation
The installation of a solar plant in Chhattisgarh involves upfront investment. Also, there is no energy production at night.
Although these cons might look like a big deal, they aren’t. You have the option to get a subsidy to make things a lot more affordable and reduce the upfront investment needed.
Besides, there are batteries to store surplus solar power to be used at night in the case of off-grid and hybrid systems. And for on-grid systems, the grid works as the battery. So, in either case, the electricity supply is not halted.
Chhattisgarh has emerged as a hub of solar power projects recently. After reading this blog, you must have gained many insights about a solar power plant in Chhattisgarh, including the subsidy aspect.
So, opting for solar energy is the sanest decision. Go solar while there’s still the provision of subsidy – it will cease to exist by the end of December 2024.
1. What is the solar panel price in Chhattisgarh after subsidy?
The prices of a solar power plant in Chhattisgarh after you get a subsidy are:
- – 1 KW: ₹55,412 to ₹95,412
- – 2 KW: ₹1,10,824 to ₹1,50,824
- – 3 KW: ₹1,36,236 to ₹1,96,236
- – 4 KW: ₹1,88,942 to ₹2,68,942
- – 5 KW: ₹2,41,648 to ₹3,41,648
2. What is the working life of a solar power plant in Chhattisgarh?
Solar systems have a long working life of 25 years. After 25 years, solar systems from elite brands continue working at an efficiency of about 70%.
Q3. What is the price range of a solar power plant in Chhattisgarh?
The price range of a solar system without subsidy is as follows:
- – 1 KW: ₹70,000 to ₹1,10,000
- – 2 KW: ₹1,40,000 to ₹1,80,000
- – 3 KW: ₹1,80,000 to ₹2,40,000
- – 4 KW: ₹2,40,000 to ₹3,20,000
- – 5 KW: ₹3,00,000 to ₹4,00,000