Using electricity from the state-run commercial grid to power home appliances is increasing the financial burden on people. In addition, this setup uses fossil fuels to generate energy, which harms the environment.
So what is the solution to these problems? A rooftop solar system is the answer!
You too can bring home a solar system and also take the benefits of subsidies offered against the L1 solar panel price in Delhi.
This blog provides all the crucial details of solar panel price in Delhi, solar panel subsidies, solar panel prices in Delhi with subsidy, and a lot more. Dive in to enhance your knowledge!
How does the government decide solar panel price in Delhi?
Have you ever wondered how the government decides solar panel price in Delhi?
The government invites all the vendors of the state to make a bid to acquire maximum solar allocation rights.
The vendor who quotes the lowest price wins the bid, and this price becomes the discovered solar panel price in Delhi. The discovered price is denoted as the L1 price.
FYI, here’s the L1 solar panel price in Delhi:
- – The L1 rate for 1 KW to 3 KW solar systems is ₹39,000/KW
- – The L1 rate for more than 3KW and up to 10 KW solar systems is ₹37,500/KW
Solar panel price list in Delhi
Are you thinking about the variation in the solar panel price range? Manufacturers set different prices for their panels. The prices depend upon:
- – The technology used to manufacture the solar panels
- – The types of solar panels
- – The efficiency of solar panels
Clearly, the solar panel price in Delhi cannot have a fixed value when so many factors come into the picture.
To give you clarity, we have made a reference range for the prices for solar systems between 1KW to 5 KW:
- – 1 kW: ₹ 45,000 to ₹ 70,000
- – 2 KW: ₹ 90,000 to ₹ 1,40,000
- – 3 KW: ₹ 1,35,000 to ₹ 2,10,000
- – 4 KW: ₹ 1,80,000 to ₹ 2,80,000
- – 5 KW: ₹ 2,25,000 to ₹ 3,50,000
Solar Panel Price in Delhi With Subsidy
If your plans are finalised and investment value is decided, then it’s time to install a high-capacity solar system to meet all your domestic power requirements.
The following table shows the subsidy amount offered for different solar panel capacities:
|The capacity of the solar system||Subsidy per KW||Total subsidy amount without GST|
|1 KW||40% of ₹39,000||₹15,600|
|2 KW||40% of ₹(39,000 x2)||₹31,200|
|3 KW||40% of ₹(39,000 x3)||₹46,800|
|4 KW||40% of the first 3 KW + 20% of the last KW i.e., 40% of ₹(37,500 x3) + 20% of ₹37,500||₹(45,000+7500) = ₹52,500|
|5 KW||40% of ₹(37,500 x3) + 20% of ₹(37,500 x 2)||₹(45,000+15000) = ₹60,000|
Now that you know the subsidy amount, you can quickly calculate the net payable 1kw solar panel price in Delhi.
For this, you need to deduct the subsidy offered for a 1KW solar system from the price of a 1KW solar system.
If the price of the 1 KW solar system you’re buying is Rs. 50,000, the final price that you will have to pay will be ₹34,400.
Use the same parameter (cost of the solar system – the cost of the subsidy) to calculate solar panel prices in Delhi with subsidy.
What are the objectives of solar panel subsidy in Delhi?
The Indian government aims to generate 4 GW of green solar electricity from residential rooftop solar systems throughout the country by the end of December 2024.
To achieve this goal, the government provides subsidies on the L1 solar panel price in Delhi. The primary objective of this plan is to:
- – Increase public participation: The financial assistance offered by the government reduces the overall solar plate price, Delhi. This increases people’s participation in installing solar systems.
- – Promote Indian solar panel manufacturers: The subsidy is offered on solar panels that are produced in the country. This way, home manufacturers gain recognition, and it also improves the country’s economy.
What are the objectives of installing solar panels in Delhi?
Delhi is considered to be one of the most expensive cities not just in India but in Asia as a whole. People here often search for alternatives to save money and raise their standard of living.
Installing solar panels at your residential property is a great way to cut your electricity bills. Moreover, you can use your savings for other valuable purposes.
Not just this, there are other benefits of installing solar panels, such as:
- – Solar panels use sunlight to produce electricity, which produces zero carbon dioxide.
- – You can get subsidy benefits on L1 solar panel price in Delhi by installing solar panels on residential properties and housing societies.
What is the process of rooftop solar system installation in Delhi?
The process of rooftop solar system installation consists of three stages. They are:
Stage 1: Here, customers need to take the following steps-
- – Visit the BSES website to apply for a solar connection.
- – After submitting the duly filled application form, proceed to pay the registration fee.
- – Further, select SolarSquare (SSE) from the list of empanelled vendors provided on the website.
Stage 2: In this step, BSES and SSE start their operations. These include:
- – The local field officer receives the intimation after SSE gives approval for solar installation.
- – BSES and SSE’s technical team visit the site for inspection and give approval after determining the feasibility.
- – The approval notification is sent to the field officer through a mobile application.
- – Geo-coordinates of the site are captured with the mobile application. Afterward, the applicant receives sanction notification via email or SMS.
Stage 3: It is the final step, where customers need to apply for net metering, and solar system installation is done. It includes the following steps:
- – Customers need to fill out the net metering form online on the BSES website.
- – The Sub Divisional Officer (SDO) conducts a joint inspection to determine the chances of discrepancy.
- – The SDO also checks compliance and permits the commission of the metering system and RTS.
- – After recording the initial reading, the meter assignment is entered into the NC portal.
- – After submitting the verified checklist, the SDO provides an RTS completion certificate.
- – Once the solar system installation completes, the discom disburses the subsidy to SSE.
How to apply for a solar panel subsidy in Delhi?
To get a subsidy against the L1 solar panel price in Delhi, you need to take the following steps:
- – Visit the BSES website.
- – Check the list of empanelled vendors.
- – Select SolarSquare Energy and discuss all the details with the SSE team.
- – After the agreement with SSE, a technical team from BSES will visit your house for inspection.
- – Once the approval of technical feasibility arrives, the SSE team starts the installation process.
- – With the solar system installation process, net metering commissioning starts.
- – After the successful installation and commissioning of the net meter, your system will become functional.
- – The subsidy amount is disbursed by the discom directly to SSE.
Net Metering procedure to apply for a subsidy against the L1 solar panel price in Delhi
Net metering is essential for getting financial assistance offered by the government.
For this, you first need to complete the application process and select SSE from the list of empanelled vendors enlisted on the BSES website.
Following this, the officers from BSES will evaluate your site for solar system feasibility.
After approval, SolarSquare will start its operation. Alongside, you need to take the following steps to set up the net meter:
- – Fill out the net meter application form on the BSES website or mobile app.
- – Submit ₹500 as a registration fee.
- – The officers evaluate your application according to the capacity of the solar system.
- – Upon approval, you need to sign a net meter agreement form with BSES.
- – The BSES team visits your house to install a net meter.
- – After completion of net meter installation, you need to pay the charges to BSES.
Lastly, SSE will connect your solar system with the net meter.
Documents Required for Solar System Installation in Delhi
In addition to all the steps mentioned above, it is crucial to know what documents you need for the smooth processing of your application.
Yes, BSES requires a few documents to determine your identity and ownership of the property. So, you should have the following documents ready:
- – A copy of the self-attested Aadhar card
- – Copy of Pan card
- – Passport size photo
- – Latest municipal tax receipt of your house
- – Copy of latest electricity bill
We hope that now you know everything about solar panel price in Delhi and also how the cost of the subsidy is calculated against the L1 rates.
Keep in mind that subsidies on solar panels in Delhi will not be provided forever. Once the government will meet its target of 4 GW of electricity generation from residential solar, subsidies will no longer be provided.
So, seize the day while you still can.
Q. Is it necessary to apply for net metering through the BSES website?
BSES provides an online application for net metering to make the process more convenient for people. Although applying offline is possible, it’s a cumbersome process.
Q. What is the minimum amount of money I need to pay for installing a 5 KW solar system in Delhi?
If you choose a 5 KW solar system worth ₹ 2,80,000, the subsidy you will get will be ₹60,000. Therefore, you need to pay ₹2,20,000 (2,80,000 – 60,000).
So, the total installation charges you have to pay will basically depend upon the cost of the 5KW solar system you buy.
Q. Is the registration charge paid during the application process of the solar system refundable?
Customers need to apply for solar system installation by visiting the BSES website.
After submitting their duly filled application form, they need to pay a non-refundable registration charge through an easy, online money transfer.