The sun provides enough power to fulfil our daily energy requirements. Till today, many people have opted for a solar connection for home. Installing a solar system helps to meet the daily electricity requirements in a clean & efficient way.
Solar energy is useful for residential, commercial, and industrial purposes. For example, a solar panel connection for home can be useful for many applications such as house heating, water heating, charging and operating electronic appliances & gadgets, and much more.
Remarkably, the sun shines for over 300 days across most regions of our country. Hence, solar energy can resolve the issue of energy crisis. Moreover, solar connection for home ensures convenient access to economical, dependable, and clean energy for everyone.
If you want to know more about solar connection for home, its benefits, uses, and more, continue reading this guide.
How Does Solar Connection For Home Generate Electricity?
Solar energy is a sustainable energy option. A solar connection for home works by generating power from the sunlight. The solar panels comprise solar photovoltaic cells. These photovoltaic cells capture sunlight. The photons within the trapped sun rays stimulate the electrons inside the solar cell to move.
This movement of electrons leads to the generation of electric current. This current produced is a DC (Direct current) form of electricity, and the electricity used at homes is alternating current. The solar inverter plays a primary role in this conversion of DC electricity to AC electricity,
After this, the AC electricity generated from solar energy is distributed to operate various electrical appliances. Besides, the additional energy is fed to the local utility grid in the case of on-grid and hybrid solar connections.
Benefits of Solar Connection For Home
Solar energy is a renewable energy source that offers many benefits. As solar energy systems are emerging as a novel technology, a solar connection for home is being widely preferred worldwide.
Let us discuss some key benefits of a solar panel connection for home.
- – The solar panel systems work on a reliable and environment-friendly energy source rather than exhaustible fossil fuels. Which means that they do not emit harmful gases.
- – A solar connection for home is essentially a dependable & long-lasting energy source as the solar modules have a long life of 25 years. Beyond that, they still keep working at an efficiency of at least 70%.
- – Solar energy delivered by a solar panel connection for home can also be stored in batteries for later usage (in hybrid and off-grid systems).
- – Solar systems are convenient to install on rooftops of homes or buildings and have safe operation. Also, these call for nominal maintenance.
- – A solar connection for home is a one-time investment and a cost-efficient energy source.
Why Go Solar – Reviewing the Major Reasons
Switching to solar energy by getting a solar connection for home is the best decision for homeowners. But why so? Let us explain.
Various reasons justify the switch to solar energy, including the rising inflation and payback returns of solar installations. Let us discuss the reasons to go solar!
- – Inflation has led to an increase in electricity tariffs. Presently, people are paying significant utility bills every month. Hence, the inflation rate – that’s not going to come down – should be motivation enough for you to go solar.
- – The payback period for solar connection for home is 3-4 years after you’ve installed an on-grid solar system. After this period, all you’ll reap from your solar system will be pure gains. As the electricity tariff increases annually, even if the solar system degrades by 0.5% to 0.7% per year, the returns will still be considerable.
A solar panel connection for home offers efficient performance. With the right storage, homeowners can generate a considerable amount of electricity to meet their requirements. In addition, it will help to make your house energy-independent. As a result, your dependency on the grid will be either nil or reduced to a greater extent.
Why Do People Still Choose Polycrystalline Panels?
There are two common types of solar panels available in the market today: Monocrystalline and Polycrystalline.
Polycrystalline panels are sometimes called multi-crystalline panels, and these are extensively used. These are popular among homeowners, specifically those seeking to install solar panels under a tight budget.
The fundamental reason why polycrystalline panels are mostly used is their cost. In contrast to poly panels, monocrystalline solar panels are much more efficient and have a sleek design. But they are expensive too! So, they’re less preferred.
Notably, the cost is a significant reason that restrains people from using mono panels in India. However, monocrystalline panels are the future. The current usage ratio in India for polycrystalline and monocrystalline panels is 90:10 respectively. This shows that 90% of the solar installations use poly panels and just 10% are mono.
However, monocrystalline panels are ideal specifically for those homes that have limited rooftop space.
A solar connection for home is a significantly efficient energy medium that consumes less space and offers sufficient energy to satisfy your needs.
Households have a bright future with solar electricity that is relatively cheaper, sustainable, and pollution-free. Now is the right time to detach yourself from exhaustible energy sources. Go solar! Opt for a reliable energy option.
1. Which is the best type of solar panel concerning solar connection for home?
Monocrystalline solar panels are the ideal type for the solar panel connection for home. Although they are a bit on the expensive side, they give excellent performance. However, polycrystalline panels might be more suitable if you have budget constraints but a large rooftop with ample shadow-free space.
2. Will my solar panels produce power during cloudy days?
Yes, your solar panels can still generate power during cloudy days as well as during the monsoons. That’s because solar panels use sunlight, not heat.
3. Does a solar connection for home increase the value of my home?
Yes! Homes equipped with solar power generation systems have a relatively higher property value than non-solar homes. They also tend to sell faster as properties with solar systems have significant demand.