We know that solar batteries offer power backups during night hours or power outages. Among others, a 200Ah solar battery is one of the most widely available batteries in the market worldwide.
The 200Ah solar-powered batteries are the most appropriate units for Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) and are widely used for commercial purposes. The solar battery 200Ah price varies as per specifications offered by different brands.
Do you want to know more about a 200Ah solar battery? If yes, let us dig deeper into understanding how a 200Ah solar-powered battery functions and what are its features and benefits.
Features of a 200Ah Solar Battery
Before jumping on to the solar battery 200Ah price and key specifications, let us first have a look at the features!
Did you know that the purpose of a 200Ah solar battery is to carry out the duty cycle of solar panels? Let us quickly understand this aspect!
We know that solar panels produce solar power or charge during the day, but at this time, the batteries are not used. The charge stored in solar batteries is rather used at night, creating a cycle of charge and discharge.
Interestingly, the key features of 200ah lead-acid solar batteries include –
- – They are tubular in shape
- – These batteries are portable power storage devices
- – A 200 AH solar battery is maintenance free
Specifications of 200Ah solar battery
Let us now explore the significant specifications of a 200 ah battery!
|Cells Per Unit||6|
|Voltage Per Unit (6*2V)||12|
|Maximum Charging Current||60 A|
Note that a 200Ah solar battery can supply a continuous current of 20A over the complete discharge period of 10 hours under ideal conditions.
What Is the solar battery 200Ah price?
Notably, the solar battery 200Ah price varies depending on the type of battery and the manufacturing brand.
If you opt to buy a 200 ah lead-acid battery, it will cost you Rs. 20,000. Comparatively, the solar battery 200Ah price for a lithium-ion battery is approximately Rs. 50,000 (roughly 2.5 times more than the price of lead-acid batteries).
Types of Solar Batteries
There are two types of 200ah solar batteries – Tall Tubular and Lithium-ion. Let us briefly learn about them!
1] Tall Tubular Solar Battery
Commonly known as lead-acid solar batteries, they play a major role in the solar duty cycle. As these types of batteries are tube-shaped, they offer a continuous power supply.
2] Lithium-ion Solar Battery
These are the next generation of solar batteries. However, these batteries are expensive.
It is ascertained that in the near future when the prices will sharply get slashed due to technological progress, these batteries will completely replace lead-acid batteries.
For better understanding, check out this table of differences between lead-acid and lithium-ion solar batteries!
|Lead Acid Solar Battery||Lithium-ion Solar Battery|
|As the capacity increases, the maintenance of a lead-acid battery gets cheaper.||A lithium-ion battery is maintenance-free.|
|These are comparatively less efficient than lithium-ion batteries. Also, they release hydrogen gas while charging, which is required to be seized as it is flammable.||These have a high power density, excellent efficiency, and are very lightweight.|
|Lead acid batteries are subject to chemical reactions.||Lithium-ion batteries only have an electrochemical reaction.|
|The lead acid solar battery 200Ah price is affordable, and these batteries are popularly used.||The solar battery 200Ah price is higher, so they do not have widespread usage yet.|
|They have a discharge rate of 1200 cycles @80% DOD.||These batteries offer a discharge rate of 10,000 cycles @80% DOD.|
|The average warranty period is 3-5 years.||The average warranty period is 7-8 years.|
How to Choose a Solar Battery?
Consider the following factors for determining the right solar battery for your requirements:
- – Battery Capacity: The capacity of a solar battery shows how much time you can get the electricity for your usage via the battery.
- – Power Rating: The amount of electricity in kWh that a battery can supply at once for your usage determines its power rating.
- – Round Trip Efficiency: It is determined by comparing the amount of energy you can use from the battery with the amount of energy consumed by it in storing that energy.
- – Battery Cost: By evaluating the cost per kWh for different batteries, you can ideally compare the prices.
- – Service Life: The minimum service life of lithium-ion batteries with regular use is around ten years. You must opt for those solar batteries which have an operating warranty of 70% of the original capacity after ten years.
Advantages of 200Ah solar battery
Now, let us learn about the advantages of lead-acid 200Ah solar batteries.
- – The lead acid solar batteries are scalable as they are inexpensive.
- – They have a low self-discharge rate. It means that these batteries can efficiently hold their charge.
- – A 200Ah solar battery performs better than its counterparts with lesser capacities.
- – Such batteries are highly suitable for cyclic applications because of their better voltage and energy output profile.
Notably, lithium-ion batteries are used to run smaller devices, such as mobile phones. However, these solar batteries will replace lead-acid batteries entirely due to their high efficiency and durability within the next 5 years or so.
Leading Brands Manufacturing 200ah Solar Batteries
Let us quickly have a glimpse of the leading brands that manufacture lead acid and lithium-ion solar batteries:
1] Lead Acid Batteries
- – Exide: Exide is one of the most reliable and reputed battery brands in India. It has nine factories spread across the country, and its headquarters are in Kolkata.
- – Luminous: Luminous Power Technologies is another giant that offers premium-quality solar products. It has a presence in over 36 countries across the globe.
- – Amara Raja: Being one of the largest automotive battery manufacturers, Amara Raja Batteries Limited exports its products to more than 32 countries.
- – Okaya: Okaya offers a broad selection of batteries for various energy needs, from tubular batteries and inverter batteries to EV charging batteries.
- – HBS Power Systems ltd: It manufactures specialised solar batteries and DC systems. Its global headquarters are located in Hyderabad.
- – Lento: Lento is an indigenous organisation driven by research and development. Alongside batteries, it manufactures inverters and solar equipment too.
2] Lithium-ion Batteries
- – Amara Raja: It is an Indian multinational giant that was established in 1985. It is headquartered in Tirupati, India.
- – Luminous: Being a prestigious brand based out of the Indian Capital, Delhi, luminous has seven manufacturing units nationwide.
- – Reliance EV: Reliance Industries Limited is a well-established organisation in India. Reliance EV offers top-notch battery solutions to accelerate electric vehicles.
- – Mahindra EV: Mahindra Electric Mobility Limited is a reputed Indian company based out of Bangalore. It offers premium EVs flaunting an innovative design.
- – Hyundai EV: Hyundai EV offers a power-backed Electric SUV in the country. It offers hi-tech battery solutions at a competitive solar battery 200Ah price.
- – Ola EV: Ola Electric is based in Bangalore and has its manufacturing plant, Ola Futurefactory, in Pochampalli, Krishnagiri.
Concerning the type of battery, lead acid has a more prevalent use than lithium-ion. The very high solar battery 200Ah price of lithium-ion batteries makes them less popular. Though, it is anticipated that lithium-ion batteries will replace lead acid batteries within 5 years.
Q1. What is the solar battery 200Ah price?
The solar battery 200Ah price varies depending on their types, specifications, and brand preferences.
The average price of lead-acid batteries is around Rs. 20,000, while it is roughly Rs. 50,000 for lithium-ion solar batteries.
Q2. What size of solar panels is required to charge a 200Ah solar battery with an MPPT charge controller?
For charging a 200Ah solar battery from a state of 100% discharge in five hours during peak sun, you will need 610 watts of solar panels.