Over the years, manufacturers have worked consistently to increase the efficiency of solar panels. High efficiency solar panels have been found to generate more electricity from the sunlight.
As a result, the manufacturers are working hard to produce the most efficient solar panels to cater to the customer’s needs.
Many solar panels available today offer great power output and improved cell efficiency. But with so many market options, selecting the one with the greatest efficiency might be challenging. Right?
Read this blog to learn about the most efficient solar panels!
Which Are The Most Efficient Solar Panels?
Usually, high-efficiency solar panels are the ones that provide a good efficiency rate. There are three kinds of solar panels available on the market: monocrystalline solar panels, polycrystalline solar panels, and thin-film solar panels.
The one that beats the rest in terms of efficiency is the monocrystalline solar panel. Let us first compare the efficiency of the three types of solar panels.
Let’s begin with the most efficient solar panels first!
1. Monocrystalline solar panels
Monocrystalline solar panels, made of pure silicon cells, are considered to be the most efficient solar panels because of their 16% to 20% energy efficiency rate. Their next gen, Mono-Perc solar panels, have an efficiency of 22% to 25%.
They have a good lifespan of over 25 years and require lesser roof space for accommodation.
2. Polycrystalline solar panels
Polycrystalline solar panels are the most popular solar panels in India. They are made up of fragments of silicon crystals.
They feature 13% to 15% efficiency. Although they provide less efficiency, they are more economical than monocrystalline solar panels.
Besides, the Indian government offers a subsidy on Polycrystalline solar panels because they are made entirely in India.
3. Thin-film solar panels
Thin-film solar panels are lightweight but the least efficient compared to the other two types. Materials like copper indium gallium selenide, amorphous silicon, and cadmium telluride are used in their manufacturing.
These solar panels provide 7% to 10% efficiency. Unlike the other two, these solar panels can tolerate high heat. They are economical and feature a flexible structure.
Before moving to the listicle guide of the brands that produce the most efficient solar panels, let us first understand how the efficiency of solar panels is calculated.
How Is Solar Panel’s Efficiency Calculated?
Usually, a manufacturer checks a solar panel’s efficiency with a formula:
Efficiency = [Power output of panel / (Area of panel x solar irradiance)] x 100
Solar panels are tested in the Standard Test Conditions (STC). It is presumed that solar panels get 1,000 watts of irradiance levels per square meter from sunlight during laboratory testing.
Considering this factor, the efficiency rate of each solar panel is calculated.
Additionally, you must understand that lab testing cannot be used as the only benchmark. Not every place gets the same amount of irradiance as used in the lab testing.
So, always ask the manufacturers and installation companies about the level of efficiency you expect.
Efficiency calculation is sorted! What’s next?
Let us dive into learning which are the best brands that manufacture the most efficient solar panels in India!
Top 5 Most Efficient Solar Panel Manufacturers in India?
The following is a list of the most trusted brands that produce the most efficient solar panels.
1. Vikram Solar
- Vikram Solar is one of the leading solar manufacturing companies in India.
- Recently, it launched a 505 W module that provides 18.34 to 21.02% efficiency.
- The company’s solar panels provide a 1 GW solar production capacity.
- They provide a 27-year linear performance warranty.
- The solar panels are rigorously tested before being sold on the market.
- They offer high durability and reliability.
- Vikram solar panels are widely used in India and are considered amongst the most efficient solar panels today.
2. Waaree Energies
- The Waaree Energies company has a presence in over 360 locations in India.
- The company offers project development, solar rooftop solutions, power plant, and solar water pump solutions.
- Their monocrystalline and polycrystalline solar panels are highly efficient and more productive than many other brands in the market.
- The panels provide the most valuable energy output and have a manufacturing capacity of 2 GW.
- They provide the best performance even in harsh climatic conditions and are trusted by many customers worldwide.
3. Tata Solar
- Tata Solar company manufactures some of the best solar panels in India.
- All their solar PV modules, including monocrystalline, polycrystalline, and thin films, are highly efficient and durable.
- In the past 20 years, the company has produced 1.4 GW modules and shipped them worldwide.
- The best part about Tata’s solar panels is that they come with increased shelf life.
- Their solar panels can provide great low-light performance and deliver optimised energy output.
4. Adani Solar
- One of the largest and most reliable solar panel manufacturers and suppliers is Adani Solar.
- You know what? They are amongst the top 15 global solar manufacturers.
- Their encore multi-crystalline, eternal mono facial, and elan bifacial solar panels are highly efficient and suitable for utility projects.
- Adani solar panels have earned the reputation of being highly reliable. Besides, their solar panels offer optimal performance.
5. RenewSys Solar
- The RenewSys company supplies solar panels to over 40 nations globally.
- Interesting fact: They are the first company that launched 5 BB solar cells.
- The company features solar panels with an advanced manufacturing capacity of 280 MV.
- The panels are highly energy efficient and are formulated using modern technologies.
All solar companies are continuously striving to increase the value of solar panels by improving the efficiency metric.
Among the high efficiency solar panels on the market today, the list above shows the manufacturers from whom you should buy the most efficient solar panels.
Although a house can run with a low-efficient solar panel, a higher efficient one delivers the best output. Besides, a highest watt solar panel can help break even the upfront installation cost very soon.
Therefore, to make the right investment, you must consider choosing a solar panel based on its efficiency rate, among other factors.
Q. Is it possible to have 100% efficient solar panels?
According to the researchers of the National Energy Renewable Laboratory, the first solar cell that can provide 100% energy efficiency is being manufactured in a lab. There’s no practical model yet.
Q. Which company offers solar panels with a better power capacity?
Vikram Solar company’s solar panels provide more power capacity than Adani Solar with a slight margin of difference.
The former offers solar panels with a 1.1-gigawatt production capacity per annum, whereas the solar panels from Adani provide a power capacity of 1 gigawatt per annum.
Other most efficient solar panels come from Tata Solar, RenewSys, and Waaree.
Q. What makes monocrystalline solar panels more efficient than the others?
Unlike polycrystalline and thin film solar panels, monocrystalline solar panels are made of a single silicon source.
This factor makes the monocrystalline solar panels more efficient than the other models.