A solar inverter is a device that transforms the direct current produced by solar panels into an alternating current for charging home appliances. It is available in off-grid, on-grid, as well as hybrid versions.
A 3 Kva inverter is the same as standard solar inverters but comes with a 3 Kva capacity. In other terms, this inverter can convert up to three kilovolt-ampere direct current for household use.
So, if you want to buy a solar inverter that can store a 3 Kva direct current, you can purchase this model.
But before finalising, you should consider factors such as the 3kva inverter price, its efficiency, technology, warranty, service support, and availability to choose the suitable module for your needs.
Get insights on this technology from this blog to make a smart buying decision. Dive in!
Working of a 3 Kva Inverter
Let us first thoroughly understand how a 3Kva solar inverter works.
Well, a 3 Kva inverter works similarly to how a standard solar inverter functions. When the sun’s rays fall on the solar panels, they absorb sunlight and produce a direct current.
Since the direct current is too powerful to charge the appliances and might damage them, it is essential to convert it into an alternating current.
The inverter makes this transition possible: it transforms DC energy into AC power to run household appliances.
This is an essential technology; without it, the solar panel system will fail to meet consumer needs. In other words, without a solar inverter, the solar system is an impractical model.
Types of 3Kva Solar Inverters
There are three types of 3 Kva inverters – Micro, String, and Solaredge Optimizer. You can purchase the suitable one based on your needs and preferences.
- – String: The string solar inverters are embedded with Maximum Power Point Tracker (MPPT) technology. They are comparatively cheaper than micro solar inverters.
- – Micro: These inverters are also built with MPPT technology. However, they are a bit costly since their efficiency is quite high.
- – Solaredge Optimizer: This is the third type of 3 Kva inverter. It can seamlessly connect with all solar panels and calculate the Maximum PowerPoint (MPP). It increases power production efficiency and decreases power wastage.
The SolarEdge optimiser is a good investment if you want to buy an inverter that can provide high returns on investment.
Technologies of a 3 Kva Inverter: PWM & MPPT
Before you ask us, PWM technology has become outdated, and the recent inverters have MPPT technology installed.
Previously, PWM technology provided 75% energy and had limited features. But as MPPT technology became popular due to its efficiency, it replaced the PWM technology and currently provides 95% energy.
Moreover, the inverters with MPPT technology have Bluetooth. Unlike previous technologies, the MPPT inverters are ideal for use in larger solar panel systems.
Due to all these reasons, these inverters are a bit expensive but worth the investment.
Features of a 3Kva Solar Inverter
Now, let’s discuss some key features of a 3 Kva inverter.
- – This inverter does not have a transformer
- – It features a vast input voltage range
- – This solar inverter provides 98.3% efficiency
- – It has an embedded MPPT technology
- – It has a simple and user-friendly configuration
- – It is lightweight; hence, installers can set up this inverter seamlessly
- – Monitoring applications and Wi-Fi are present within the inverter
- – It comes with a RS 485 interface
- – It features a warranty period of 5 years (extendable up to 10 years)
Product Specifications of a 3Kva Solar Inverter
The 3 Kva inverter is made from MPPT technology and has many built-in features, like –
- – It protects the system against electrical surges
- – It can detect the frequency and voltage of the grid-connected solar panel system
- – The inverter monitors the grid efficiently
- – It can trace the residual current
- – It protects against high temperature and short circuits
- – The inverter has in-built reverse polarity and output over-voltage features
Technical Specifications of a 3Kva Solar Inverter
Read the following table to learn about the technical requirements of a 3 Kva inverter:
|Maximum Input Voltage||600 V|
|Startup Input Voltage||120 V|
|Maximum Input DC Voltage Range||100-500|
|Maximum Input Current||10+10 A|
|AC Grid Voltage Range||180-270 V (Adjustable)|
|Rated AC Grid Voltage||220/230/240 V|
|Nominal AC Output Current||13 A|
|Maximum AC Output Current||15.7 A|
|Operating Phases||Single Phase|
|Grid Current THD||< 3%|
|Output Energy Factor||>0.99|
|Rated Grid Frequency||50 Hz|
|DC Injection Current||< 20 mA|
|Operating Frequency Range||47-52 Hz|
3Kva Inverter Price in India
Now that you know the specifications, you might wonder what the 3kva inverter price is.
Well, the cost of a 3 Kva inverter ranges from approximately ₹ 17,000 to ₹ 18,800. The prices differ depending on the features, type, efficiency, technology, and brand name.
Besides, the capacity of the inverter also plays an essential role in determining its price.
However, the price of 3 Kva inverters containing wi-fi-based remote monitoring systems falls within this range.
Difference between a 3 Kva Inverter and a Normal Inverter
The following are the differentiating factors between a 3Kva inverter and a standard inverter.
|3Kva Solar Inverter||Normal Inverter|
|The battery is not essential||The battery is vital to operate|
|It is a bit more costly than the standard inverter||It is a bit more affordable than a solar inverter|
|Users can use this inverter for household and commercial purposes||It is ideal only for charging household appliances|
|The power rating is more||The power rating is less|
|Both grid energy and the energy from the solar panels can be used||Requires energy from the grid|
Pros and Cons of a 3 Kva Solar Inverter
Let’s learn about the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing a 3 Kva inverter.
- – It doesn’t require ample space to accommodate
- – There is no load limitation
- – There’s no wastage of solar energy
- – It sends the extra power to the grid
- – It can be installed in remote locations
- – It is a bit cheaper than diesel generators
- There is no battery backup
- Energy is not produced during load shedding
Although there are a few drawbacks to purchasing these solar inverters, the advantages make them worth investing in.
So, depending on your household’s power needs, you can purchase a 3 kva inverter from a reliable brand and reduce fossil fuel electricity consumption.
Keep the specifications in mind and cross-check with your chosen module to make the right choice.
Q. How can I calculate the number of solar panels required for charging household appliances?
To calculate the number of solar panels you need to charge household appliances, you have to divide the watts needed by the watt peak of the solar panel.
For example: If you need the solar panels to generate 100,000 watts of energy, and you have modules of 350 wp, you can divide the total energy requirement by 350.
According to this calculation, you will need 285 solar panels in this case.
Q. How does a 3 kva inverter work?
It works similarly to the other solar inverters. It converts the direct current to alternating current and supplies it in the house to charge the electronics.
Q. What is the warranty period of a 3 Kva inverter?
The warranty period for this solar inverter is 5 years. However, it can be extended up to 10 years.