Solar power systems offer a reliable, clean, and free source of renewable energy. They dramatically reduce the dependency on the grid as well. Not to forget, the amazing monetary returns they give in the form of reduced electricity bills.
Now, although solar systems aren’t free, they’re not bone-breakingly expensive either. All thanks to the government for offering solar subsidies and facilities of net metering in Madhya Pradesh, which makes installing solar panels affordable for homeowners.
You do not have to bear the complete cost of installing solar panels when you’re eligible to apply for a subsidy.
Remarkably, the policy of net metering in Madhya Pradesh enables customers to produce electricity cleanly and productively. If you want to gain worthwhile insights about the policy of net metering in Madhya Pradesh, subsidies that the govt. offers, and prices of solar systems in MP, this guide is for you!
Major DISCOMS in Madhya Pradesh
The installation of solar systems has become significantly popular in Madhya Pradesh. Notably, there are three major discoms in the prominent cities of Madhya Pradesh, namely Bhopal, Indore, and Jabalpur.
You must note that Net metering in Madhya Pradesh is related to the installation and commissioning of a net meter. The net meter keeps a record of the electricity exchange to and from the grid. Based on these readings, the solar bill is generated.
Now, let us discuss the precise procedure of Net metering in Madhya Pradesh.
How to Apply for Net Metering in Madhya Pradesh?
Referring to the Madhya Pradesh rooftop solar policy, there are some specific steps to be compulsorily followed to apply for net metering in Madhya Pradesh.
- – First of all, you must present your solar panel installation application and payment confirmation for registration.
- – Then, within a minimum duration of five working days, your city’s discom will verify the submitted application.
- – If the application is approved, officials from discom will survey the installation site to check the technical viability. As per this, the discom authorities will provide a sanction letter.
- – Next, if your net metering acquisition comes under the scope of discom , you will have to make payment for the meter testing charges.
- – Also, you will be required to sign an agreement for net metering in Madhya Pradesh with SolarSquare (SSE).
- – Following your agreement with us, the installation will happen.
- – Once the net metering procedure is completed, a work completion report will be submitted.
- – Lastly, the subsidy will be disbursed to SolarSquare Energy.
Price Range of Solar Systems in Madhya Pradesh
Now that you know everything about the procedure to apply for net metering in Madhya Pradesh, it is time to ascertain the approximate pricing of solar panels in MP. That’s because all solar systems do not have a single price tag.
Notably, the pricing always varies within a specified range bracket based on the following factors:
- – The type and efficiency of solar panels
- – The manufacturing technology used by the solar panel manufacturers
- – The brand you choose
- – The type of solar inverter you select
Generally, the rooftop solar systems in MP have a price range corresponding to the system capacity, as presented below:
|Solar System Capacity||Price Range|
|1 KW||Rs. 45,000 to Rs. 70,000|
|2 KW||Rs. 90,000 to Rs. 1,40,000|
|3 KW||Rs. 1,35,000 to Rs. 2,10,000|
|4 KW||Rs. 1,80,000 to Rs. 2,80,000|
|5 KW||Rs. 2,25,000 to Rs. 3,50,000|
Also, note that the subsidy is not offered against this price range. It is calculated against the L1 prices of the state. So, let us move ahead and discuss the L1 price in MP.
L1 Prices in Madhya Pradesh
Before opting for Net metering in Madhya Pradesh, you must gain information on how much subsidy the government offers on L1 prices per the MP solar rooftop scheme.
The MP Government invites the empanelled solar vendors to bid for the state solar subsidy tender. The vendor that makes the lowest bid wins the maximum allocation rights. Thus, the L1 price is the lowest bid value.
Here’s a glimpse of the L1 prices in MP.
L1 Price in Bhopal
- – For 1 to 3 KW solar systems = Rs. 39,100/KW
- – For systems above 3 KW and up to 10 KW = Rs. 38,800/KW
L1 Price in Indore
- – For 1 to 3 KW solar systems = Rs. 38,238/KW
- – For systems above 3 KW and up to 10 KW = Rs. 37,301/KW
L1 Price in Jabalpur
- – For 1 to 3 KW solar systems = Rs. 38,000/KW
- – For systems above 3 KW and up to 10 KW = Rs. 37,000/KW
Solar Subsidies Offered in Madhya Pradesh As Per L1 Prices
Based on the city-wise L1 prices discussed above, each of the three discom offers KW-wise solar subsidies in Madhya Pradesh.
The table below presents the calculated solar subsidy in Bhopal:
|The capacity of the Solar System||Price range||Subsidy Offered||Final price range after subsidy|
|1KW||Rs. 45,000 to Rs. 70,000||Rs. 15,640||Rs. 29,360 – Rs. 54,360|
|2KW||Rs. 90,000 to Rs. 1,40,000||Rs. 31,280||Rs. 58,720 – Rs. 1,08,720|
|3KW||Rs. 1,35,000 to Rs. 2,10,000||Rs. 46,920||Rs. 88,080 – Rs.1,63,080|
|4KW||Rs. 1,80,000 to Rs. 2,80,000||Rs. 54,320||Rs. 1,25,680 – Rs. 2,25,680|
|5KW||Rs. 2,25,000 to Rs. 3,50,000||Rs. 62,080||Rs. 1,62,920 – Rs. 2,87,920|
Next, the calculation of Solar subsidy in Indore is tabulated below:
|The capacity of the Solar System||Price Range||Subsidy Offered||Final price range after subsidy|
|1KW||Rs. 45,000 to Rs. 70,000||Rs. 15,295||Rs. 29,705 – Rs. 54,705|
|2KW||Rs. 90,000 to Rs. 1,40,000||Rs. 30,590||Rs. 59,410 – Rs. 1,09,410|
|3KW||Rs. 1,35,000 to Rs. 2,10,000||Rs. 45,886||Rs. 89,114 – Rs.1,64,114|
|4KW||Rs. 1,80,000 to Rs. 2,80,000||Rs. 52,221||Rs. 1,27,779 – Rs. 2,27,779|
|5KW||Rs. 2,25,000 to Rs. 3,50,000||Rs. 59,682||Rs. 1,65,318 – Rs. 2,90,318|
Lastly, here is the calculation of Solar subsidy in Jabalpur:
|Solar System Capacity||Price Range||Subsidy Offered||Final price range after subsidy|
|1KW||Rs. 45,000 to Rs. 70,000||Rs. 15,200||Rs. 29,800 – Rs. 54,800|
|2KW||Rs. 90,000 to Rs. 1,40,000||Rs. 30,400||Rs. 59,600 – Rs. 1,09,600|
|3KW||Rs. 1,35,000 to Rs. 2,10,000||Rs. 45,600||Rs. 89,400 – Rs.1,64,400|
|4KW||Rs. 1,80,000 to Rs. 2,80,000||Rs. 51,800||Rs. 1,28,200 – Rs. 2,28,200|
|5KW||Rs. 2,25,000 to Rs. 3,50,000||Rs. 59,200||Rs. 1,65,800 – Rs. 2,90,800|
Switching to solar is the most favorable step you can take to benefit yourself as well as the environment. Concerning this, the policy of net metering in Madhya Pradesh is meant for customers willing to install on-grid rooftop solar power systems.
After the above discussion, now you know the complete procedure of net metering in Madhya Pradesh, along with the price range of solar systems and subsidies offered. Take this investment initiative to go solar within time and avail of the government subsidy.
Q. What are the L1 Prices in Bhopal city of Madhya Pradesh?
The L1 Prices in Madhya Pradesh for Bhopal are as follows:
- – For 1 to 3 KW solar systems = Rs. 39,100/KW
- – For solar systems above 3 KW and up to 10 KW = Rs. 38,800/KW
Q. What are the conditions to avail of subsidy on solar installation & Net metering in Madhya Pradesh?
Here are the conditions to avail of a subsidy in MP:
- – The solar system should be an on-grid rooftop solar system for individual homeowners or housing societies.
- – The solar panels selected must be DCR and ALMM-approved.
- – The maximum limit for subsidy is 10 KW for homeowners.
- – The maximum limit for subsidy is 500 KW for housing societies.
- – There’s no subsidy offered for commercial installations.
Q. Why are the solar system rates in MP not fixed?
The rates of solar systems in MP differ according to the type & efficiency of the panels, the solar brand, the technology of the panels, and even the value-added services you buy.
Notably, the price range for a solar system in MP is Rs. 45,000 – Rs. 70,000 per KW.